Lovely Dinner

Scarlett enjoyed singing along with all the Christmas songs which came on. She made the ride to the beach house fun. It felt like they arrived there much faster than normal. He knew it was due to Scarlett being excited. She managed to make him sing along with those cheesy Christmas songs too. He wasn't a fan of Christmas but Scarlett seemed to love it. If Noah managed to turn their lobby into a Christmas wonderland within a few days he'd be impressed but mostly Scarlett would be impressed.

He couldn't wait to see the look on her face as she entered the lobby.

Smiling he parked his barely used car in one of the private parking spots his family owned. He recognized his father's car, there was a car next to it he didn't recognize. It probably belonged to his mother's friend or maybe the friend's daughter.

This was real, it was really happening.

He glanced at Scarlett when he felt her hand on his arm. She flashed him a reassuring smile, the warmth in her eyes luring him in. Everything about her was soft and gentle at the moment. That was unlike her. Maybe she felt sorry for him. She knew how stressed he was, this drama wasn't something he could deal with.

"We can do this." She spoke in a quiet tone, trying to encourage him.

He wasn't sure if they could but they had to. They were already at the beach house, there was no going back now. If his mother was lurking, waiting to surprise him with her guests she would be on guard and already know that he was there. Emma Starr was not to be taken lightly. She could be dangerous behind all that glitter and glamour.

"We have no choice." He muttered.

Scarlett shrugged, "You always have a choice if you want to leave you are allowed to leave." She leaned closer to him and lowered her voice, "Your mother can't hold you hostage. That's against the law." She whispered.

She was trying to keep the mood light between them and he appreciated that. He knew he had a choice but he wasn't looking forward to the consequences of his actions. If he just up and left his mother would haunt him forever. She would forever let him know about that time he behaved like a child. So leaving was not an option right now. Right now he had to pull himself together, grab their luggage and settle in at the beach house. Introduce his fake girlfriend to his parents and the unwanted guests.

"We'll see this through."

She didn't protest but Scarlett didn't seem like the type of person who would just run away from her problems. She might not deal with them maturely but she would deal with them. Without warning, she leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his cheek. She did it again but this time he didn't even have the right to be shocked. She was his fake girlfriend after all. Kissing his cheek felt like something she was allowed to do. Her lips tugging to a mischievous smile told him that she was aware of this.

"Let's see this through then, baby." She more or less jumped out of the car so she didn't have to hear him whine about the pet name. Her giggling was all he heard when he climbed out of the car.

She thought she was so funny.

He hated how a small smile spread across his face, betraying his feelings to her. He thought her giggling fit was adorable but he wanted to hide that. She knew now though. Letting her calm down he grabbed their luggage and locked the car.

"You almost done, Miss Archer?"

She wiped a tear away, "I'm having a lot of fun already, are you?" She asked him.

They walked to the beach house together, "I always enjoy your teasing."

The sarcasm came across but Scarlett didn't seem to mind it. She brushed it off with a flick of her hand. As they arrived at the beach house the door was thrown open and his mother graced them with her presence. Emma Starr did know how to grab everyone's attention.