Failure PT. 2

In the end, the Ugly Duckling makes this kind of discovery and is magnificently transformed. Then he is able to take flight as the beautiful swan that he is  and soar high above the ducks that had treated him with such disdain. We too can more fully live as the magnificent beings that we are if we can come to see that:
• Challenges are disguised opportunities
• Differences are a gift
• Mistakes are learning opportunities
• When we try our best and are willing to learn, we always succeed, even if we don’t achieve the results we hoped for.

ANewView ofFailure:Some PrimaryThemes
1. Redefine Failure. :Failure is a natural part of life that can impact us positively or negatively de- pending on how we define it.

2. Redefine Success. :The more important measure of success is based on our own deeper knowing of what’s right for us rather than approval or dis- approval from others.

3. Learn from Failure.: Failure presents an oppor- tunity for continued learning and growth while success can lead to complacency and stagnation.
4. View Failures as Stepping-Stones to Success :Success and failure are not incompatible—most failures are simply challenges in progress that can provide a foundation for success.

5. Find the Opportunities of Failure. Setbacks or short-term failures can contribute to future suc- cess if we focus on the opportunities they con- tain rather than the obstacles.

6. Use Negative Feedback to Your Advantage.

Current negative feedback can provide positive...

Look Beyond Yourself.
As you learn to focus outward, on helping others succeed rather than yourself, you become less vulnerable to what otherwise might appear to be personal failures.
8. Persist.

Keep  on trying and trying. Sustained Effort + the Lessons of Failures is a powerful formula for success..