Uneasiness

[Y/N] stared at Hitoshi to see him looking even more shock. But when she had blinked again, his expression disappeared in a second and it was replaced by a neutral face. "Let's not talk here," he said casually as he pointed his head towards the crowd around them. "Come follow me and then we'll talk." [Y/N] mentally sighed, but nodded. Might as well. She didn't like attracting attention anyway.

     They got out of the locker area and Hitoshi led her outside of the school. She followed him obediently and when they reached the side of the school away from the students, they stopped. Hitoshi turned back to look at her. "Tell me," she said.

    "Did you know Sora before?" he asked. Her mouth turned to a thin line in impatience.

     "Just answer my question from before. Do you know anything about what happened?" she shot back. His face didn't change as he shook his head.

     "No I don't. But why are you so interested in this? You're never like this. Di—do you like him or something?" he questioned.

     She blinked at him in disbelief. What kind of question was that? Why did he care anyway? They were wasting time. "So you don't know anything. Why did we have to go out here then? I'm going home now," she stated. She started walking away from him and didn't look back.

    "Wait, [Y/N]!" Hitoshi called out. He sounded desperate. She stopped but did not turn back to look at him.

    "Tell me something I don't know already or else I'm leaving," she told him. His mouth faltered at this and he couldn't seem to say anything. She took this cue for leaving and walking away from the school.

     Hitoshi looked at [Y/N]'s back fading in the distance with his brown eyes glowing in pain. Everything was harder than he thought it would. He had no idea what his next step was going to be. Was there any way for her to fall in love with him? He didn't know.

     While [Y/N] walked home, an idea popped up in her head. She decided to stop by somewhere else. It was going to be Sora's house. She didn't know where his house was, but lucky for her, his address showed up on the News channel on the TV. That meant it should show up if she searched for it on her phone too, right?

     She took out her phone and quickly searched up about Sora's disappearance. She pressed enter and several results came up. Her eyes widened when a News website had it. Perfect. She copied the address and put it on her gps app. Now she knew where to go now.

     The house wasn't far from where she was standing at currently. She started walking towards the direction of his house and kept on walking. She had nothing better to do, so she might as well try to figure more about this. Maybe she could ask Sora's parents about what happened. She gulped and thought of ways to how she could approach his parents.

     Before she knew it, she arrived to his house. She turned off the gps on her phone and took a deep breath. She stared up at the normal sized looking house and her heart clenched. This was the house of the missing kid.

     She headed up the driveway and knocked on the front door. She waited for a few seconds before the door opened to reveal an orange haired woman. She looked dreadfully tired and her face was streaked of tears that she didn't bother to wipe. This was indeed Sora's mother. [Y/N]'s heart clenched even more and at this moment, she wanted to run away.

     The pale woman suddenly grabbed [Y/N]'s hands with her own shaking hands. [Y/N] flinched as the woman started pleading at her. "A-are you Sora's classmate? D-do y-you know anything m-more a-about him?!" she sobbed.

     [Y/N] mentally swore at herself. She had totally forgotten that Sora's family would be grieving right now.