Riley P.O.V

I take a seat at the table Cash is getting a drink menu for us. I clear my throat and take my jacket off putting it behind me. He sits down across from me and we skim the menu.
"I think ima get a Bloody Mary" he says skimming the menu, I see what what I want.
"Mimosa" I say passing him the menu.
The waiter comes over and we order our drinks taking a minute to see what we wanna eat.
"You ever been here before?" He looks at me, I shrug "nope" he nods.
"I think I'll get eggs, bacon and hash" he says closing his menu and pushing it to the side.
I look over and see a lady has blueberry pancakes. Ooooh.
"Blueberry pancakes" I say and close my name I handing it to him. He takes it. The waiter comes by and we order our food.

"So how'd you sleep?" I ask sipping my mimosa
He smiles and sips his drink.
"Well I was next to you so.. good" I smile at him. "How about you?" He asks smiling at me.
"Good" I nod. We sit there in a comfortable silence for a few minutes and the food comes.
We eat our food in peace and finish with more drinks.
"If I wasn't your girlfriend I'd think you're just trying to get me drunk" I say giggling
He laughs "Well are you?" He teases
I shrug jokingly "Maybe a little" smiling at him.
"Maybe I am too" he says.
We pay the check and walk out and bum around town for a bit walking into shops.
We get back to the plaza and head to his suite.
I take my boots off and sit on the couch. Him next to me. He lays his head on my lap and looks up at me caressing my cheek.

"Riley, will you marry me?" He asks
I laugh "What?" I say shocked
"I have known you my whole life, I loved you my whole life so why not?" He smiles at me like a kid, with that sparkle in his blue eyes.
I bite my lip and smile down at him and kiss him gently and I stop leaving him wanting more. He pouts
"Cash you're crazy" I whispers in his ear and kiss him again. He sits up and turns the tv on and we watch a movie on Netflix Brain On Fire.
His phone rings and he looks excited and jumps up to answer it. I turn the tv down a little to eavesdrop.

"So you're saying I made it? I'm goin on tour?" He says whispering but not too well. He's never been good at whispering. I Lean my ear into the bedroom door a little more.
"So it starts here, then New York and what not, down to Florida and back up?" He says
I listen more and cover my mouth in shock.
"And Riley's going right?"
"Oh.. so she's..?"
"I leave in a week? while she's in the studio and.... That's—"
"Ricky I don't thin-" he gets cut off again
"Okay fine... yeah whatever" his voice sounds soft and breaking
"No. No I'll uh.. I'll tell her"
I slowly back away from the door and head back to the couch and watch the movie pretending I didn't hear his conversation.
I hear him sigh and open the door walking over to sit next to me. He just holds my hand and stays silent. I feel like I could cry but I don't. I need to keep it together and act like I don't know. He clears his throat and I turn to look at him.

"Cash how about we go out tonight? Hm? Ya know just have fun and do whatever you want" I say smiling trying to dodge the conversation that I know awaits me. I looks at me with sad eyes but smiles through it.. it breaks my heart.
"Okay" he says sounding sad but happy at the same time. I look at him and smile or at least try too, a part of me feels like he knows I know or maybe not, I don't know. He clears his throat and shoots me a smile
"We gotta go to the east side though, I gotta see sone folks" he says.
I nod "Okay Yeah"
He hops up off the couch and pulls me up with him. "Hey I love you" he says looking into my eyes "I love you too" he hugs me tight and kisses my forehead, I know why he's acting like this but I can't tell him I know.
He lets me go and puts his shoes on as do I.
He takes my hand and we leave the suite.
We exit the building and hop in his car.
The entire ride to the freeway is silent until finally I say something.
"Cash do you have something to tell me?" I ask trying to sound normal, he just holds my hand and focuses on the road staying silent.
"Cash?" I say again, he lets my hand go and sighs, he looks at me and back at the road.
"We'll talk about it once we get there" he says.
I nod my head "Okay babe" I try to smile, our fingers interlock and he keeps driving.
Finally we get to the east side and head towards Slims.

We hop out the car Slim already there to greet us.

"Aye! It's Cash and Riley!" He says and hugs Cash and then me.
"Sup brotha" Cash nods smiling, I stand next to him and Cash holds my hand.
"So everyone here?" He asks, Slim nods and we head inside and sit at the table.
All our close ones around us.
"Y'all.. Riley, I have some news" oh fuck here we go, he looks at me, I smile quick pretending I'm okay, I have to show him I'm happy.
"I'm goin on tour bitch!!!" He says, my heart drops hearing the excitement in his voice. It's worse than hearing it the first time. Everyone high fives him and cheers him I stand up and smile at him and he kisses me, I kiss him back.
"And... Wait for it, she's goin to be in the studio dropping some beats!!" he adds they all give me high fives and I pretend to be surprised.. but I look over at Slim and he can tell that something is up with me. He's been a friend of mine forever. I met Slim in high school. I give him a look of not now he nods and high fives me and winks at me and mouths later I nod back at him. After that everyone starts talking and Cash is immediately the center of attention, I take to my old friends and we catch up. I see Cash alone in the kitchen to get a drink and walk up to him.
"Babe I'm so proud of you" I say smiling at him, he gives me a look that kinda scares me a bit but I tru to shrug it off.
"Are you?" He says serious and walks away. I stand there in shock and confused.
"Cash" I say, he turns around and shrugs walking away again. What the fuck?
Slim walks up to me.

"You good Ri?" He asks, I clear my throat,
"I already knew.. I heard the conversation when he was on the phone so.. I don't.. Slim I don't know how to feel exactly. Like I'm happy for him but he just got back and now he's.. but it's also his dream" I say trying not to tear up he looks at me feeling sorry. I shrug.
"Ri.. you gotta trust him. He does love you, he just needs support and he needs to you trust him and love him" he says, I nod, of course.
"I do support him. I have since the beginning it's just..." I say but trail off, "Nothing I guess" I shrug. I look at him and then away and walk out the kitchen and back to my friends.
I catch glimpses of Cash but he seems mad at me. All I can think of is why should he be mad when he has a dream in his hands?

"Riley" Cash finally calls me over, I leave my friends and go to him and the others, I walk up to his side and he puts his arms around my waist, I lean in a little. He passes me a blunt
"Tell em bout out performances" he smiles at me, look at him all full of pride. Okay wow.
I hit the blunt and pass it exhaling, he really using me for attention. I just go with it.
"So it was amazing! It was completely life changing. I loved singing on stage it was very very fun! Breathtaking honestly.. and Cash!" I say his name a loud and in a tone I feel him look down at me but I ignore it "Was just so full of energy and so... alive in stage. He was so good and i was so glad to be there by his side and support him" I say giving Cash a quick smile. Cash looks at me confused while act like everything is okay. Feeling the tension from Cash. We smoke another blunt and get high chilling out and talking but still tension between me and Cash. Time passes and it starts to get dark.

"Aight y'all I gotta head home, it was awesome seeing y'all" Cash says standing up and taking my hand I stand up too.
We say bye to our friends and head out the house and into his car. We sit there for a moment silent. He looks at me and looks away and scoffs and starts the car and drives down the street stopping at a stop sign.
"Care to explain what that was about?" He asks sounding aggravated, I ignore it and shrug
"Just take me home Cash.." I say silently
He shakes his head and drives.
"Fine" he says sounding cold.
The ride is so silent and feels incredibly uncomfortable and both of us can feel it.
I tune it out listening to music and looking out the window.
We get to my apartment building and he doesn't stops the car he looks at me mad still and away.
"Riley talk to me" he says mumbling, I undo my seatbelt "No" I say quietly he looks at me pissed. "Talk to me!" He raises his voice at me.
"No!" I yell at him, I open the door and get out his car, I slam the door shut and stand back from the car a little.
"Seriously?" He scoffs from inside the car. I take another step back. He laughs. "Fine"
He starts the car and drives away fast, the tires screeching. I roll my eyes and head inside the building, I get to my floor and walk unlock the door and slam it shut behind me, I head into my room and close my door. I take my shower off and throw myself in the bed and groan frustrated.

What the fuck am I going to do now?