thebrokenboys

"Ali, I need you" Corbin mumbled into the phone.

"Where are you?" I asked, leaving class.

"Hospital"

-

Pretty soon, everyone was gathered in his room.

I held Corbin's head right up against my chest as I laid in the hospital bed with him.

"I was- I got mad with myself cause you're mad at me and I fuck up a lot more and I keep fucking up with you" Corbin spoke to me.

"I'm not mad. I-"

"DON'T LIE BECAUSE I'M HURT, ALI! You don't even let me kiss you no more. You hate me. I'm going to die. I'm going to kill myself, Ali. The next time I crash, I'm going to be dead. I promise you that-"

"Please stop" I begged. "I don't hate you. It's hard to be around you when you get aggressive. You put so much on me and you break things-"

He tried to push me out of his hospital bed and I decided that it was time for me to go.

"I'll- I'll check on you later" I got up and grabbed my bag.

As soon as I escaped, I tried to get out of the hospital as quickly as possible.

"Alicia!" Jahir called after me.

"Alicia!" Reno called awkwardly, so that Jahir wouldn't be calling for me by himself.

He was fast, so he had no problem catching up to me.

"Stop running!" He turned me around. "It's not your fault"

I disagreed. "I can't, I can't do this anymore. I can't do this with you and him anymore. You shouldn't let me do this to you. It's fucked up. I'm sorry. If anything happens to him, it would be my fault. It just is."

-

Two weeks later

"Ali gets the birthday boy"

"Where is he?" I fluffed my hair with my hands.

"Right side. Balloons on his chair"

I put on a big smile and walked that way. Girls surrounded the whole group, but I dropped down on the birthday boy's lap.

"Happy birthday, baby" I mumbled into his ear and did a little grind on his lap.

He grabbed my ass with both hands and laughed excitedly.

I kissed his ear.

"I need a private dance" He said. "Real private"

I pushed my forehead up against his, but my hair shielded the both of our faces.

I reached behind his head and undid his blindfold.

It dropped and I grabbed the both of his hands to tie them together.

"Alicia?!?"

I looked up at the face of the person and jumped off of his lap, immediately disgusted.

Reno's jaw hung and he ran his hand down his face, taking me in.

"Fuck!" I mumbled, and turned around so that he couldn't look at my face. "Fuck, fuck, fuck" I started walking away.

"Alicia, where you going?" Another girl called after me.

Someone (and we all know who) with the strength of God himself grabbed onto me and turned me all the way around.

I decided to speak first. "This looks like a-lot, but I promise-"

"So this you?"

"Yes"

"So you would come to my house and lay up with me after this, glitter girl?"

"Yes, but-"

"I just wanna know how many lives you living. Cause this makes three- nah, two cause I'm cut out."

"It's just money-"

"That's bullshit! You just danced on my nigga! You dance for all types of nasty niggas all the fucking time and you just think that shit is cool?"

"I don't like-"

"How you ready to say some bullshit when you selling sex? That's why you gave it up so quick?"

I slapped him and pointed my finger in his face. "I only fucked three people in my whole life and since you started fucking me, you been the only one fucking me and that's all you need to know!" I pushed past him and went to the back to get my stuff.

I was out.

-

I sat out on my balcony, coughing all over my blunt because I was forgetting how to breathe.

I needed a break from this school and these niggas.

Right after I got out of class, I was leaving town for some much needed R&R.

I didn't have it in me to get dressed, so I kinda just put out my blunt and walked to class.

I walked very slowly, and I thought that I was gonna be late, but I wasn't.

I sat in my regular seat and earned a couple of stares.

"Mind your own business" I responded.

"Now before we begin today's lecture, I ask that you keep your fellow classmate Corbin in your prayers. He was recently involved in a single vehicle wreck and-"

I got up and left the class.

I needed the early vacation.

-