youthoughtyouknew

"Sorry about last night" I apologized, leaning up against Jahir in the bathtub.

He kissed my forehead. "Don't worry about it. I got too much tongue skill. And you were tipsy. Me and my right hand been going at it anyways."

I sat up and we stared each other in the face.

My stomach swirled.

I leaned forward and gave him a slow kiss.

He kissed back and rubbed on my thighs, making the water slosh.

I pulled away and gave Jahir a bunch of little kisses.

I was well over thirty when he stopped kissing back and questioned me, smiling.

"What are you doing, Alicia?"

"Making up for lost time" I went back to kissing on him.

Jahir let me give him a couple more before putting an end to it.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Jahir, I want to be with you, but I want to keep Corbin happy. I don't want him to suffer more than he already is. I don't know what to do because you make me happy and it's hard sacrificing my own happiness.

"I can't offer you no advice cause you know what imma say. I'm stuck on you. I like you too much. If I had known y'all was a thing at that point in time, I wouldn't have invited you over."

I let the water out and stood up with him to rinse off.

We had already showered beforehand.

I bit my lip and stepped out, going into his room.

"What you thinking?" He asked.

"That I want to stage an intervention" I walked over to my bag, pulling clothes out.

"With me?"

"No, with Corbin. I'm going to seek outside help. I gotta go home to my family first. I'll let you know how it goes."

-

"Corbin, what is Alicia to you?"

"My girlfriend" He said.

I bit my lip and lifted my hand to pick with my glasses.

I needed go fidget.

"I thought that you were broken up?" The therapist asked.

"So?" He shrugged.

"Well how do you feel, Alicia?"

"We're - we're broken up, but we're still close" I responded.

Corbin looked at me. "She's just-"

"Corbin, don't interrupt Alicia while she's talking. It is imperative that we listen to her"

He grunted. "Why are we doing this?"

"We're just trying to see where your head's at" The therapist responded.

"In. Place." Corbin shot her a look. "Where's yours? You deal with fucked up people, so your head is fucked up one way or another"

I asked Corbin's therapist here to do this.

"Corbin, do you think that Alicia is happy?" She continued, ignoring his statement.

"Yes. I'm glad that you didn't have it in you to respond either. Good choice." Corbin said, sounding relaxed.

"Do you think that Alicia would be happier with someone else?"

He leaned his head back and put his arms behind his head, closing his eyes. "Yes, but she's mine"

I was simply just shit out of luck.

"What if Alicia feels trapped? Have you ever thought about her wanting to be with somebody else? Someone that doesn't cause her as much emotional trauma?"

"Yes. She waits until the hickies fade, and then comes to see me. She doesn't know how to cover them properly. I got careful eyes."

I was so surprised that he said that, I couldn't speak.

"I didn't know about that much" She looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

My help had turned on me.

"Ali and I are together cause we have the same problems" Corbin lied.

"No we don't" I turned to his therapist and disagreed.

"Ali, where did you meet me?" He sat up and turned towards me, opening his eyes.

"We met in high school. What are you talking about, Corbin?"

Corbin shook his head and turned towards the therapist again. "Ali didn't even go to a public high school. She was homeschooled"

"No-"

"Let me finish!" Corbin said, starting to get angry. "Ali was homeschooled because she was bullied and she's erased that part of her life from her memory. We met at a mental health convention because we got the same thing"

I stood up. "What's the point of lying to a therapist? She's only here to help you"

"Ali, you're crazy too"

"NO I'M NOT!"

"You're just not on my level. It's a spectrum. I accept you, Ali. When you're done with whoever you're with after they get tired of you, you'll have me to turn to. You will always have me"

"Please shut up"

"How come sometimes you a stripper, talking about fuck me and all that? Then you start to love me and we're good. How come at school you so quiet and you'on talk to nobody, but at the club you can talk to anybody you want? Why didn't you realize it? You not giving the nigga you seeing behind my back a hard time? You not switching shit up on him and playing games? Going back and forth with yourself over actions and emotions?"

I stood up and left the room.

Corbin followed me. "Wait"

He grabbed onto me, and pulled me back.

I shook him off and pushed him away.

"Ali. Stop." He said through gritted teeth.

"I don't like your joke. That's nothing to joke ab-"

Corbin hit the wall in frustration. "I shouldn't have even told you!"

"IT'S NOT TRUE!"

"YES IT IS!"

I slapped him, and he grabbed my hand afterwards, pinning it to the wall.

"Ali, when I find out who you're fucking with, I'm going to kill him"

-