flickofthewrist

The Girl

"What do you want, Trevor?"

I was not in the mood for his shenanigans today.

Instead of waiting for him to talk, I walked off.

He caught up with me quickly and blocked me in. "Whoa, you act like you ain't got time for a nigga. What's wrong? Why you upset?"

"I'm not interested. I'm just trying to get something to eat"

"Lemme eat with you"

"I'll be fine alone"

The Boy

Reno slurped loudly on his lemonade. "This shit hit. Ain't nothing like fresh squeezed."

"It woulda been better if they ain't make that shit gritty sweet" Nathan said.

Bryce wasn't paying attention, looking off in another direction.

"LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE! DAMN, YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT SHIT?"

The cafeteria went quiet.

"Aw shit" Bryce said, getting up first.

Trevor said something to Alicia, and she slapped the shit out of him in-front of everybody.

Trevor tried to grab at her, and she slapped him again before backing up.

Corbin pushed Trevor down against a table, and Alicia yanked him away as much as she could before slipping in-between the both of them. "Move! You're gonna get arrested"

"The fuck out my face, Ali! You know what time it is!" He spat.

She pushed Corbin in his chest. "Shut the fuck up! You talking stupid!"

I stepped in and pulled her away from the both of them. Almost instantly, her face and made her look at me. "What happened?"

Reno, Bryce, and Nathan had to drag Corbin away.

She threw her arms around me and buried her face into my shirt.

"Baby, you're fine" I began to support her weight as she started to lean up against me.

I sat down on a bench, and Alicia crawled right up onto my lap and buried her face into the crook of my neck.

She started to cry and complained of her head hurting and the overload.

I recognized that as a switch between personalities and got her out of there after that.

The Girl

"Dad, I promise that he didn't do that much. I just wasn't feeling good and he was persistent and I yelled at him and he called me out of my name. I just kind of snapped. I'm okay. Even he'll be okay"

I repeated the same story at-least thirty times to him.

He was serious about going to go find Trevor.