alreadyleft

I told myself that I was gonna stop writing for this year three chapters ago, but I keep writing anyways. I have four different half-chapters written after this one
-

"You're not starting this shit again" Nathan grabbed onto my leg and Bryce helped him get me out of bed.

I stood up. "I didn't start anything"

"You ain't even answering the phone. Nobody's seen your ass in four days"

"Five would have been cool" I mumbled, going into the bathroom to take care of business.

When I got back, my bed was made up.

Alicia left her phone with me, and I spent a lot of time going through her gallery.

"Where have you been anyways?" Bryce asked. "Cause your car's been missing until today."

"Wassup, nigga? I done thought you checked yo ass into rehab too" Reno walked into my room, eating chips.

"Nah, I was kicking it at Alicia's parent's place for a bit. In and out."

"Getting cozy with the in-laws"

"Yeah, they're cool. I like them a lot" I said. They were funny and very welcoming.

"And then your parents are snooty traveling snobs" Nathan said. I gave him a look, and he laughed. "That's what my parents said atleast"

"That's it? Y'all wanna know what my mother said about Jahir's parents?" Reno stepped up.

"You're not going to make Alicia meet her, are you?" Bryce asked. "Yikes at the wedding"

"Damn, I get it. It's one of the last things on my mind." I said.

-

The Girl

"Corbin, if you wash one more load of clothes without folding them..."

"What?"

"I don't know, but you don't want to find out" I folded up my own shirts on my bed.

"Ali, I'm sick. I can wash them, but folding is above me."

He pulled his blanket over his body and turned away from me.

"It'll distract you" I said, getting up to put my clothes in the drawer that they provided.

"You fold them. Imma see what this sleep gon' do"

I laughed. "No thank you. I'm going down to the cafeteria to eat."

"Nah, man. Just wait til I get up"

"You don't have to go with me, Corbin. I don't need a protector in the crazy place"

Corbin flipped the cover and got up anyways.

"Nah, cause that little nigga from group therapy think that he's about to try some shit"

So we went down to the cafeteria together, and ate.

Well Corbin wasn't hungry, really. He picked a couple of things on my plate before dropping his head down on the table. "Why you make me come out here?"

I smiled, and he turned his head to look at me.

I dropped it and looked elsewhere.

"I thought that it would go like that" He commented.

"Don't be a stick in the mud" I poked his side.

"Excuse me. Alicia, right?" Someone tapped my shoulder.