dollarschange

The Boy

Reno looked at me.

I looked at him. "Leave me alone, nigga. I'm not in the mood"

"Jahir, why your back sound like that?" Reno asked.

Bryce and Nathan turned to him.

"What you snorting, Bryce?" Bryce asked.

"Pure white" Nathan suggested.

"Ask Jahir about his back" Reno outed me.

"You got something you want to discuss?" Nathan asked, turning to me.

"Not really" I said.

"Jahir got his back tore up. Deep scratches and scars."

"Then he handling business then. Mind yours, young one. The reward hurts." Bryce said.

"Yeah, but Alicia did it"

"Oh nevermind" Nathan spoke for Bryce. "What did you get into, Jahir?"

"She switched personalities and almost told on us"

"Alicia came running down the stairs. They both got shirts on, but they wearing underwear, and it's the middle of the day, so they had to be getting nasty. She bumped into me, and was all frantic about calling her nigga up. I was just tryna steal his snacks" Reno said.

"What you do? She with him now? Why did you fuck?"

"I held her down and tossed her phone. She had to get a new one. I'm really fucking bothered because she hasn't reached out, and I don't know shit about shit. She not even coming to school anymore. The people she tutoring are upset cause most of them failed the quiz"

The doorbell rang, and I went to go get it.

Alicia stood in-front of me. "I need to-"

"Don't you fucking do that! I thought you were dead, and I didn't know where you were"

I pulled her in, and shut the door.

"I'm real life fucking stressing, and you could have at least had the damn decency to text me, telling me that you were okay. Don't nobody know where you're at, Alicia"

She backed away from me, and I turned away from her to cool off.

I didn't even yell at her like I wanted to.

When she whined, I knew that there was a bigger issue.

"What happened?"

She started to cry. "I'm really scared, and I'm really sorry"

She opened the front door, and her nigga walked in.

"Show me where to sit, babydoll. Wipe your face" He said, but did it for her.

They walked past, and I stood at the door for a second, stunned.

"Which one of these niggas was the nigga that you danced on?" He asked from the other room.

"Rah, please stop"

"I don't want no trouble" Reno said. "We didn't even realize it at the time. You know how clubs be"

I walked back into the living room.

Alicia was feeling him down, and he sat as if she wasn't checking him for a gun.

"Yeah, but you look like you got a crush on her" Rah challenged Reno.

"I actually-"

"Yeah, aight.Liar. I know you lying." Rahsun said.

Alicia rolled his pant leg up, and took his shoe off.

"I don't have shit, babydoll. You embarrassing us infront if your peoples"

She flipped his shoe over, and beat it on the carpet until a blade came out from a slit in the heel of his timberlands.

"That's lil shit. I forgot I even brought it." He said.

He put his shoe back on, and pulled her onto him. "I said that I wasn't gon' do nothing. Have some faith, birthday girl"

"Rahsun, I'm really sorry" Alicia apologized.

The only reason why I stayed quiet was because I didn't want anything I did falling onto Alicia.

"Babydoll, stop apologizing"

Her hands started shaking, and then the rest of her did to.

She excused herself, and went out the back door.

He turned to me. "She's something, ain't it?"

"Yup." I said flatly.

"She threatened to kill herself if I touched a hair on any one of y'all heads" He said.

"I bet she told you a lot"

"You's a side nigga. You just side nigga material. You can't keep her on lock. If I was you, I would have never even gave her the opportunity to run to what's his name" Rah said.

"Can't nobody lock it down. She got three different niggas in her head"

"So I've heard" Rahsun smiled.

Alicia opened the door and stepped back into the room.

"Um, I'm just a very weak person. So let's just all agree on that, agree not to hurt eachother, and go home" She suggested.

"I'm good" He said.

"Rah, you are giving me anxiety. Please stop it."

"I promise you that it's in your head, Alicia" He said.

"I know. It's hard for me to decipher your emotions" She stepped towards me. "Why'd you even come here to bother him?"

Alicia walked up to me, and hugged my body. 

"I can't check out the competition and see what I gotta undo?"

"Please hug me back, Jahir. My brain is having trouble processing what I did. My whole head hurts, and I'm worried about you"

Rahsun got up. "See you later, babydoll"

"Where are you going?" Alicia asked.

"To put a plan in motion" He walked out of my house, and slammed the door just because he could.

I pulled away from Alicia, and she started to walk away. "You couldn't have kidnapped me again? I told you that I was going to tell, Jahir. Look at me" She pointed to her face. "Don't I look bat-shit crazy? Don't I look out of my mind?!?"

"No, but it's real clear"

"I'm so drained. I need to go home. Switching mindsets and pulling all these damm characters out of my ass is exhausting. It's nobody's fault but my own." She touched her temple slowly, and closed her eyes.

"And where is home?"

"I can't tell you because in my head, It's gonna end badly"

-