accidental hybrid: chapter 16

the boys didn't notice me at first because my foot steps were light on the ground. and they were so drunk so i could tell they were going to have a hangover tomorrow morning.

the smell of the alcohol crawled its way up my nose and i didn't like it. also another smell hung in the air but i couldn't make out what it was. bit it was really mouth watering whatever it was.

i was only a few steps away from them now. the reason i had to go up to them was because they were standing on the only pavement in this part. it was lightly covered in snow and so was the road but you could still see it. the other side near the woods had no pavement on it because the woods were forbidden. and on the left and right were to main roads so i couldn't go either way unless i wanted to get ran over.

even though i was like a inch away from what i thought was the oldest one of the boys, none of them noticed me. were they on drugs as well? as if they had heard my thoughts , one of them says "who do we have hear". i could only just make out what he had said. it sound more like 'whuwa doa weya hevay heur' . i so badly wanted to laugh.

"excuse me , I'm just making my way home" i replied " but what's a cute thing like you doing out here, this late and on your own?" said the oldest one of them. he was drunk , probably not as much as the others or that he could handle a load of drinks better. because he spoke clearly.

"lets just say i had a couple of problems but there sorted now so i will go home" i said which caused anger to start boiling inside of me. i had grown irritated and tried to squeeze through the gap between two of the boys. but they soon closed it when they noticed i had tried to get past.

" where do you think your going so fast? you probably are a bit tight with so many problems, why dont you chill with us a little while and loosen up?" the older one asked. it seemed more like an order than an offer.

"no thanks, i told my parents I'm on the way home, i am a little late so there probably wondering where i am, so excuse me" i rushed. i tried pushing past the two other boys again but for even to drunken boys , they were strong.

i glared at the older one , trying to see if he would let me go with a stare. i knew words weren't going to help. these guys wouldn't care if i had only 2 minuets to live and i wanted to spend it with my family.

"no thanks, nice of you to offer but i am going home" i hurried. " no your not" said one of the other boys. i gasped in horror. how dare he! i slapped him across the face, sharper than i thought. i had also caught one of my short finger nails on his flesh. it made small dots of blood bead his face. so my nails had become sharper now as well.

" you bitch" he yelled. he grabbed my wrists and pushed me flying into the open road. lucky there was no cars coming past at that moment. i sat up again and saw some of the boys blood on the edge of one of my nails. the one i had cut the boy with.

it looked inviting ad smelled lovely. what? i liked the smell of blood !. without thinking, i brought my finger up to my mouth and licked off the blood. it made my mouth and throat explode.

my throat set a light with flames and it hurt badly. my hands came up to my throat and i so badly wanted the burning to stop. " ha ha ha ! she's having a spaz attack!" one of the boys laughed. i stopped holding my throat and looked a him.

it was the one i had cut. the sight of the blood caught my attention first and the taste of in entered my mouth again. i moaned softly, making it sound more like a purr.

the boys showed no sign that they had heard it. the more i thought of the blood the more my throat burned and the more i wanted it. my body reacted before my brain even knew what i was doing. it had happened within seconds.

and my eyes were closed?

i opened them slowly but what ever was in front of me was soft and white. it was also tinged red in certain areas. also something was pouring down my throat. i moaned again as what ever it was put out the flames inside of my mouth. i held on tighter as the tighter i held the more of the substance i drank.

finally i felt full and stepped back. something heavy dropped to the floor at my feet and two frighted faces stared at me wide eyed. i looked at the floor and there lay one of the three boys. covered in blood and his neck still seeping.

i then figured what i had done. i had drank this guys blood !!!

then a dark laugh crawled out of the woods behind and was soon joined with its owner.

Dylan Matthews. the vampire............