accidental hybrid: chapter 18

i still stood looking at the forest in front of me. Dylan had just vanished without saying a word. hen he had growled i thought he was going to attack me because it was so deep.

but no, no he hadn't.

i gave up the thought that he might come back and turned around to head home. i was going to walk home because i knew i was in the right place and it wasn't that far. thanks to Tyson i found my way home. if he hadn't have flown off in this direction i might have ended up further away.

i folded my wings down on my back again and promised to my self that they weren't unfolding again any time soon. i walked in the same direction the other boys had. the ones who had run of screaming.

i was home now and i was about to open the front door when i realized my mum and dad didn't know anything about what's happened. i had to act normal and think of a good excuse why i was late home.

i took a deep breath and walked in. the house was quiet, quieter than usual. no one shouted me as i came in. i walked straight into the living room and looked around.

the room was poorly lit and a dark figure sat on the sofa at the far end , near the window. who ever it was turned on the lamp beside them and there face lit up.

it was my dad.

in his hand he held a bottle of whisky. it was almost empty. because he sat near the window, i got the impression he was waiting for someone.

me.

"hey dad, sorry i am back so late, going to bed now see you in the morning" i said and started to turn round to head up the stairs. " oh no you dont little lady, get your arse back in here" my dad said. this meant i wasn't getting of lightly. i turned back round and walked back in the living room.

"sit down"my dad said patting the space next to him. i looked at the empty space for a few minuets but finally i went to sit beside him.

he didn't look at me as he said " i dont know if this is what kids your age do but i can tell you now i am not liking it". he stayed silent for a few seconds then began speaking again. but this time he faced me. " whatever it is you doing, drugs or sleeping with guys maybe ? well i want you to stop it, I'm not losing you to soon and definitely not like this"he said.

i just looked shocked at him. ho could he think i was doing the things he said? "wwwhat ?" i stuttered." dad, I'm not doing drugs or sleeping with guys, i just had a few problems to sort out but there sorted now so lets carry on like normal" i told him.

but even as the words slipped out of my mouth, i knew things weren't going to go back to normal. well not exactly. "dont lie to me !" he shouted"I've seen you with that boy, the way he looks you up and down like your a piece of meat" he spat. who was he on about?

" what, Ashton ?" i said, gob smacked. "yh that little twat" my dad said. "no dad you've got it all wrong, were just friends" i said to him. well i wasn't so sure now but i had to think of something quick.

" dont lie you little cow !" my dad screamed. at that point i knew he had , had to much to drink. how could my dad say that. he didn't believe me?

"get to your room you ungrateful child ! i dont want to see you until you tell me the truth!" he shouted, pointing at the living room door.

" i would tell you the truth if you listened ! instead you ignore me and act like I'm invisible ! i wish you weren't my dad ! " i screamed back.

his face softened slightly but quickly turned back to anger. his hand suddenly raised into the air and he slapped me across the face. it stang like mad but i forced to keep the tears at bay. i just looked at him once more before i ran up to my room. i slammed my door behind me an jumped on to my bed.

the tears finally came and i cried my self to sleep.