accidental hybrid: chapter 53

the mini me continued to stare towards the most hated part of my mind. i tried to make her turn round but as much as she looked like me , i had no control over her. but i tried to think when i had dressed up like that. because i was no longer human so she must be a fragment of my memory. me when i was human. but i had never quite imagend myself so exstatic with beauty.

beauty just seemed to seep from every inch of her skin. and that made me think. her beauty seemed to come from within her rather than from her actual apperance. i sighed. her ignorance began to annoy me. it was as if she was waiting for something. i watched with her. and she was right. something did happen. but it was something that i didnt like.

the girl that looked like me's face began to turn sour and strained. i didnt know if it was my imagination or it was really happening. a black door appeard infront of the girl and it clicked open as if it had been locked a few momments before. even the surroundings were dark but you could sence it was there. the door reflected its very colour. darkness radiated through the cracks in the wood. it seeped into the very room engulfing the both of us. the door then began to open a crack and memories began filling the room. but only bad memories. her glow died in an instant as the bad memories began to flick through her memory, and through mine. and as they began to slow down, we both started to watch the one bad memory that happend almost 5 years ago.

i was sitting in english class at my junior school. i was very happy and popular then. i was best known as amiee the bubbly girl. everyone enjoyed being around me as i turned there bad day into a good day. either just by smiling at them or telling them a joke. i was very common in the boys. constantly boys and girls spoke about me. when new kids came i was always the first person to be introudced to them. everyone said i was the girl to be with.

but that one evening something bad happend that changed me for the last 5 years. and i made a promise that i would never remember it. but here i was reliving the moment. i tried to pull my eyes away as the bad momment loomed only a few minuets away but my eyes felt they were being forced to watch.

that dinner i had a great time with my friends. we had been playing tag but it had sooned turned into more adult games like kiss chase with the boys. and i had hoped for anything that the happeness that i felt that day would last me for ever. and at that momment that i thought that, it all changed.

i had been writting a story about a princess and a frog at the time. i had just started writting the first line when there was a nock at the door. two policmen in bright yellow neon jackets had walked in with a man in a very black suit walked into the room. my english teacher, mr matkin walked up to them and asked them what was wrong. there voices from where i sat just sounded like babbiling so i couldnt make out what they were saying. but the kids who had ,turned to face me, there faces terrified. and at that same momment my teacher turned around and faced me aswell. so did the rest of the class.

" amiee, please could you follow these men , they would like to speak to you for a few minuets" mr matkin had said. i had asked why in a to high girl voice. he just told me to not to worry and go with them and so i did.

they took me to the schools interview room. it had been painted a cream colour with a few fancy paintings on the walls to give it a more homey feeling. but at that momment i wanted to be anywhere but in there. i had heard that men in bright yellow jackets only came to you when you had done a bad thing but i hadnt. so i was very confused. " amiee, i am pc murray" said the man in the black suit. " i have come to ask you a few questions, ok" he said. i nodded but i wasnt at all sure why i had. " you knew you mummy was having another baby right?" he asked. i nodded but then got confused when he had said 'you knew' as in past tense. i was quite clever when i was younger. " well your mummy was very poorly today so she had to go to the hospital to make sure her and the baby was ok but when they got there it was to late and the baby had died and you mummy came very very ill" he said. of course i had been worried about my mum being ill. but why had he been talking in such a polite manor. his voice so calm like he had thought i knew she was ill. "is she ok?" i had asked, my voice strained and tears spilling from my eyes. "yes she's fine but the baby wasnt" he repeated. "but why have you come to tell me with two big policemen, why didnt my dady come to tell me?" i had asked. " because the doctor took some of your mummy's blood and looked at it and they found very very dangerous medicine in it, but you mummy and daddy had said they wouldnt ever risk your mummys and baby brothers life" he said then paused for what seemed to long. " and your mummy and dady think you had something to do with it, they told me about you, and you seem to like the attention at home and at school.....you mum and dad think you may have gave oyur mum some bad tablets to get rid of the baby so you could have them for yourself, you knew that they would be all around him and not you" the officer said. i hated how he had started to talk to me like i was really grown up when i was only 11. i felt myself shrink and my heart birst into pieaces. when my mum had told me the knews she was going to have a baby i was utterly thrilled. i never wanted to harm the baby.

and it was such a harsh thing to say. especially on my 11th birthday that neither my mum and dad seemed to remember that day.