Chapter Forty-one - I'm sorry

Blair

Dinner was great and it was even better when we spent it with everyone. Our whole family. There was no denying that we were the most strongest together. We always were. Me, Carl and Grace walked upstairs to our room. It was only about nine but tomorrow was the day we go see Negan. I go see Negan.

As we got upstairs I put Grace to sleep in her own room as me and Carl went to ours. Carl closed the door behind him and I slipped my shoes off. "You were quiet tonight?" He spoke and I stared out the window for a moment. "I'm just nervous... For tomorrow." I said as I turned around facing his way. 

He walked up to me and held onto my hand gently. "Your an adult now. He's going to see what and who you've become. I know you haven't seen him since he's been caught but he'll see who we are." He spoke and he immediately made me feel 100% better. He was amazing in so many different ways. 

"I love you Carl Grimes." He smiled at me and held onto my cheek. "I love you too Blair Grimes." He said and I smiled up at him. He leaned in and eventually kissed my lips. He was so gentle and kind and sweet. I could never give him up. He pulled away and I immediately hugged him close to me. "We're gonna do what's best for Grace... I know it." He spoke and I smiled into his chest. 

////////////////////////////

"Mommy, Mel said I could go horse ridding all day today. Is that okay?" Grace asked me as me and Carl were talking to Daryl. I looked over to Carl and he nodded. "Why not? Me and your dad will be out for a bit if you need anything, go to Mel okay?" "How long will you guys be gone?" She asked, looking up at us both.

"Not long. Like an hour or so. We'll see you when we get back sweetie." I kissed her head and held tightly onto her. "I love you mommy." She said and I smiled a her as she hugged Carl. "I love you Daddy." "We love you too sweetheart." Carl kissed her and we both jumped into the car. 

I seen Grace run over to the stables where Mel was and she was so happy with her horse she loved. Carl started the car and I clipped my seat belt on. "She's going to be okay, Blair." He said, laying a single hand on my thigh.

"I know she will be I just worry." "Your a mom... of course you have to worry." He said and drove to the gates as Maggie stood with Enid. Me and Enid don't talk often. We only talk when we have to. We're both adults and Grace loves her but I won't ever forget what she's done to me in the past.

"Where are you two off to?" Maggie asked as she leaned into the window." Me and Carl are going to Alexandria. To see Negan." I spoke up and Maggie shifted uncomfortably. I knew Maggie hated the thought of me going Near Negan because of the past but I needed him to know who I was and I now know he is locked behind the bars. 

"Blair, please tell me your lying." "Maggie. I know you don't like me going near him but I haven't seen him for seven years or so." I spoke back and I grabbed her hand gently. "Please Blair, don't go bac-" "-Maggie... I'll see you when I get back." "Blair! Listen to-" Carl drove off in the middle of Maggie speaking because I couldn't say I wasn't going to go. 

I sighed deeply and leaned my head on my hand, staring out the window. "You did the right thing." Carl said and I looked over to him. "I know all Maggie means is helpful but I need to know if Negan can remember what happened the years back." 

"Blair. No one of us have forgotten what he's done. It's hard to forget." "I know it is and I appreciate everything you've done to help me." I said and he smiled at me. The rest of the journey was calm and quiet and we got to Alexandria quickly. 

Carl parked the car inside the gates and we seen Judith, Michonne and Rick walk towards our way. "Carl, Blair. Why are you guys here?" Judith smiled as she hugged Carl. "Blair needs to see Negan." Carl spoke and Rick stared at me for a moment. "You sure?" Michonne asked and I nodded as she stared up at Rick. 

"Come with me you two." Rick said and me and Carl followed close behind him to where Negan was. We stopped at the top of stairs that led down to the place where Negan was. "He's down there?" I asked Rick and he nodded as Carl stood, laying a hand on my hip. 

"Blair you don't have to do this. You can turn around and go back to Hilltop." "And hide away for more of my life? Rick, this is something I need to for me, Grace and Carl. I know you don't like the idea of me being in the same room as him but I need to know." I spoke and Rick hesitated for a moment, staring at us both. 

"If this is something you need to do, then do it. You've never been wrong in the past." He said and I nodded. "I'll watch the door down there with you." Carl said and I nodded again, walking down the steps finally. I unlocked the door with Carl following me and he shut it after him. 

As I walked into the darkish room I heard his whistling. My ears thumped with terror but I knew how I have changed now. I needed to be strong and face him because I am the winner, not him. Our footsteps erupted throughout the hall and finally when we reached the bottom I seen him standing at the bars, ready to talk. 

His beard was longer than ever and he was living in jail basically but I had no sympathy for this man whatsoever. "Look who decided to show up... but not alone." He chuckled to himself behind the bars. He hasn't changed. He is the same asshole who punished you for nothing for those years. 

"Shut up." "You've grown Blair. I haven't seen you for about seven years or so. You've gotten hotte-" "-I said shut up!" I screamed at him and Carl just stared at us both. He doesn't want to get between me and Negan. He never did in the first place. 

"Why are you here Blair?" Negan asked as he rested his head on the rusty old bars. I had no clue why I was here? But what I knew was that he needed to know what the hell he has done. How I've grown. 

"I'm here to let you know what you've done to me and how I've changed. How you have a granddaughter that knows so little about you because you are a disgusting man. I'm so ashamed to call you my dad. But I don't anymore." "Well that breaks my hea-" "-You let me finish. You own up to what you done to me those years. You admit what you done because no one else can talk about it." 

Negan stared at me as my eyes watered. This whole situation was hitting a nerve and it made me break down. "My sweet Blair Jones." "No... I'm not Blair Jones anymore. I'm Blair Grimes." I snapped at him and I seen his tense his jaw at me and Carl. He didn't like me taking their side but this is the new me and now he's seen it. 

"I don't remember what happened Blair." "Yes you do! You own it! You tell me and Carl what you done years ago! Now!" I screamed at him, walking up to the bars as he shook his head denying everything. "Tell me!" "I don't remember!" He yelled at me as tears streamed down my cheeks. I shook my head staring at this man wishing these bars weren't between us. 

"Your going to rot in here with nothing but yourself. Your never going to meet your granddaughter." "Where's Lucille?" He asked and I stared at him. "Mom is dead! She's not coming back! Your bat is a waste of your space and so are you!" I screamed and let him cry over the fact that his bat isn't with him. 

"Let's go Carl."