Chapter Forty-two - A fault

Blair 

We drove home with Michonne and Rick in the backseat since they wanted to come back to see Daryl, Maggie Jesus and whatnot. "We're proud of you Blair. Me and Michonne am." He spoke in the back and I smiled at them both, looking over my shoulder. 

"Thank you so much. Words can't explain how much you've done for me. You've brought me a family." I spoke up and they both smiled at me. As Carl kept driving I suddenly heard screams coming from the woods, beside us. 

"Wait, stop." I said and Carl slowly pressed on the brakes. Everything was silent and the screams blasted through the air again. "There's someone out there." I spoke and grabbed my gun from the dashboard. "Blair! No!" I heard coming from Rick but Carl followed my moves. He was the one to save a civilian from the woods. 

As I sprinted through the woods I tried to follow the screams coming from a man. I stopped for a second and seen a man in the distance trying to fight off a pack of walkers by himself. "THERE CARL!" I pointed and ran at the walkers, shooting one at a time. 

The man was at middle age and was foreign. He didn't look harmful but we don't know that yet. As more and more walkers were stumbling towards us, I seen Carl get pushed to the ground by two walkers. 

"CARL!" I screamed as I tried to fight off the walker trying to take a chunk out of my neck. Suddenly a gunshot went off and I seen the man standing behind the walker with his gun. I nodded towards the man as I tried to catch my breath. 

I looked down and seen a walker laid on top of Carl. He laid there panting, staring up at the blue sky. "Let me help." I chuckled and I grabbed the dead walkers arm, dragging it off of him. But... Once I done that I really wished I hadn't.

Blood stained Carl's shirt as a bite mark has been taken out. I stared down at him as he looked up at me with nothing but sadness. "N-This-this can't happen." I stuttered as I felt my eyes water over. "No! This won't happen. Grab his other arm, we're taking him back to Alexandria." I spoke to the guy we just saved. 

I sniffed up my tears as I grabbed underneath his arms with the other guy. "Blair, you-" "-We're gonna get you back." I spoke as we walked as fast as we could, out the woods. Finally, we got out and we seen Michonne and Rick trying to look through the woods to find us. 

"RICK!" I screamed and I seen them both run over but as soon as they seen his bite mark, it all changed. "No..." Rick shook his head and I shook my head quicker. "He's not going to die, just get back to Alexandria." I snapped at them and they helped me get him in the back of the truck. 

Once Carl was laid down in the back with me, Rick started to drive back to Alexandria. As the wind blew through both of our hairs, I seen him already starting to get sweaty and hot. I dabbed a rag on his forehead and he gently grabbed my wrist. 

"Blair-" "-Don't, Carl. Your not going to die." "-But I am. There's no way to save this." He spoke and I stared down at him as he spoke nothing but the truth. But I was not going to believe it. Maybe he was different. "YOUR NOT GOING TO DIE CARL! NOT NOW!" I yelled at him and he sighed deeply. 

"Shit." I muttered under my breath and pulled the walkie talkie out of my back pocket. I held down the big red button and started to speak. "Maggie, I need everyone at Alexandria, now." I waited... I waited again. "We're not going there, not when Ne-" "-I don't care! Get everyone that's in our family there." "Did something happen? What's wrong?"  "Fuck-shit, Maggie just get them there! And get Mel to look after Grace. She doesn't need to see this."