Chapter20: The Twilight Realm

Link's pov:

We got back to the judgement tower as we were in front of the mirror's stand. Midna made all the shards appear and she made the four of them hold together on the stand. With some kind of magic, the mirror glowed and a magic staircase appeared out of thin air.

Midna: Let's go Link.

Link: Alright.

I walked through the portal as I was now in another world, the twilight realm. The sky was really dark, black polygons contently floating around and we were standing on a black ground with some blue lines. There also was some people but... They were inanimated.

Midna: WHAT HAPPENED???

Link: I think that Zant might have cursed them or something...

Midna: They, my people, he harmed them...

Link: But...isn't there supposed to be much more of them?

Midna: There was but... Every twilight monsters you killed since the begining were once inhabitants of this realm...

Link: Y-You mean that I killed your people?

Midna: There wasn't any other options for them, the curse cannot be undone....

Link: Oh....I'm sorry...

Midna: Don't be, it was I who wasn't able to defend them... It's my fault, I should have known that what Zant wanted to achieve was this evil...

Link: So, where is he?

Midna: He surely is in the throne room but he isn't a total fool, he might have set barriers...

I walked over to where was supposed to be the entrance but a thick black smoke wall covered it.

Link: Yep, a barrier...

Midna: On the left and right side of this place are magical artefacts, it might be what is making this barrier.

Link: Are you sure?

Midna: Nope, I've never used them.

I sighed and walked sometime to get to the left side. There was a door so I opened it and entered the long room, which was empty except for a large ball at the end of the room and a sphere shaped hole in it's center.

Link: That's an easy one.

I walked to the ball, lifted it and walked to the hole but at the exact moment I was gonna drop it, the ball escaped from my grasp. I looked around to see the ball floating... Not exactly floating but a flying hand was lifting it back to it's stand.

Link: I'm not annoyed at all...

I ran back at the ball, lifted it but instead of just walking, I threw it to the hole.

Link: Eas-

There was a low sound so I turned around and saw Zant but it looked like it was just an hollogram.

Midna: You can't attack him with your weapons.

Link: Huh?

He threw an electric ball at me so out of reflex, I slashed it and it surprisingly bounced back at him. This tennis game was running for ten good seconds before Zant's hollogram was electrocuted by it. He disappeared and so we exited the room.

Midna: There is just the right side left now, no pun intended.

Timeskip because it's basically the same:

We were back in front of the big entrance but the black smoke was now gone and so we walked into the room. Zant was here, on his illegitimate throne.

A/n: I was almost late but I did it, it's 21h30 so Have a nice night! Or day depending on where you live.