Chapter31: Returning back to the normal life

After the final fight with Ganondorf, We stayed still for a while.
After some time, we heard something behind us. We turned around and, in the distance, we say the spirits of light regrouping near... Midna. She was still alive. The spirits noticed us and so we ran at her.
Once we arrived, Midna had changed, she returned back to her normal self. She slowly got up and turned toward us. She looked at us with a smile.

Midna: Come on, say something.

We couldn't find words.

Midna: Is my beauty making you speechless?

Zelda arrived, she was walking and stopped near us.

Zelda: I'm glad you are alive!

Midna: We have to go back to the judgement tower.

Y/n: For the Twilight mirror?

Midna: Yes...

She teleported us in front of the mirror.

Link: Here we are.

Midna: Well, I guess this is farewell. Light and shadow can't mix together as we all know. But.... Never forget that there's a world bound to this one.

Zelda: Shadow an light are two sides of the same coin, one cannot exist without the other. We know now the reason the goddess left the mirror of twilight in this world. They left it because it was their design that we should meet. Yes.... That is what I believe.

Midna: Zelda, your words are kind and your heart is true. If all in Hyrule are like you...then maybe you'll do alright.

The walked toward the stairs guiding to the twilight realm.

Midna: Thank you... Well, the princess spoke truly: as long as that mirror is around, we could meet again.

She closed her eyes.

Midna: Link, Y/n....

A little ball of light escaped from her eye.

Midna: I.....

She lightly pushed the sphere toward us as it slowly made it's way toward the mirror.

Midna: See you later...

The little ball of light fazed through the mirror as it started to shatter. We were a little bit startled by that. We turned out attention back to Midna as she quickly ran up the stairs and turned once again toward us.
She then slowly faded as she was transported back into her world.
Then, the mirror completely shattered, making it impossible to go back there.

Y/n: So it's over....

Zelda: Yes.

Y/n: What are you going to do now that it's done?

Zelda: I'll go back to the castle and continue to be Hyrule's lead.

Link: I'm off to my village then, your coming y/n?

Y/n: *sigh* Yep but... Am I still considered a royal guard?

Zelda: I think that you still are yes.

Y/n: But I'm also Ralis' royal guard...

Link: Ralis?

Y/n: The Zora's prince, remember?

Link: Oh.... What are you gonna do then?

Y/n: I retire.

Zelda: Really?

Y/n: Yes. Link you can go to the village, I'm off to the Zora's domain to talk to Ralis.

Link: You'll come back after that?

Y/n: Yes, I need some sleep...

I walked away as I made my way toward the domain...

Timeskip:

I was now at the door of Ralis.

Y/n: May I come in?

Ralis: Who is it?

Y/n: It's me, y/n.

Ralis quickly opened the door and had a look of excitement on his face.

Ralis: I'm happy to see you!

Y/n: Le too, so, how is it going?

Ralis: Well, everything is going normal here... Tell me about your quest!!! Did you beat the bad guy!!!

Y/n: Yes, we've beaten him, our quest is now over and there not anything anymore that can cause trouble...

Ralis: What are you gonna do now?

Y/n: Well... I'll go to my adoptive village and... I retire from being a royal guard.

Ralis looked down.

Y/n: I'm sor-

Ralis: It's alright, I understand...

He looked up.

Ralis: But if you want to visit then I'll always be here!

He smiled as I patted his head.

Y/n: Yeah, don't worry about that, I'll come here when I'll have time!

I got up.

Y/n: See you then.

Ralis: Bye!

Timeskip:

I got back to the village as I saw everyone regrouping around Link.
Link saw me and walked toward me.

Link: So, you will stay?

Y/n: Of course!

The rest of the day went really quickly and as the night came by, as we went to sleep, I couldn't get my mind off something, Midna's gonna miss me.... I drifted off to sleep.

A/n: This story is over! I hope that you enjoyed it. I'll make a vote on the next part for another story. Bye!