Smiles & insufferable people

A/N: I did a small time hop and added in a little recap so the story didn't lose it's fluidity. Please leave comments and let me know what you think or would like to see... After all the story is ever changing.
------------------------------------------------

5 days has passed since I found out I'm going to be a great-grandma and acquire a grandson.... sigh..... I can't believe it is all happening, it seems fast, too fast one could argue.... It just seems so surreal it feels like she was just a baby, and everyone was fighting over her not that long ago....and now... she's becoming a mother herself, and a wife...sigh... Don't get me wrong, I am elated for my family especially my grand-daughter, but I can't help feeling sad as well... To me she will always be that 3-year-old little girl batting her big blue eyes at her grandpa easily convincing him to twirl in circles with her while catching snowflakes on their tongues, she had him wrapped around her little finger.... I know that was nearly 20 years ago, but it was the last real time we got to spend with her. She was starting to remember us in detail and talking about us; poor Mia was running out of creative ways to deflect so it had to end. Perhaps, that's why I'm feeling a little sad... I'm sad for what should have been and I'm sad for what once was.... However, I am also beyond happy with what is about to come and that I even have those memories with her. I know Emily and Richard missed that time and it hurts them just as us missing her older years hurt us... Lorelai really did a number on all of us...

No, I can't fall down that rabbit hole. I need to focus on the here and now...

There are only 2 days left until the party that reveals Rory as the Hayden heiress along with her engagement to Logan.... The men are off to find their tuxes and have them fitted in about an hour. I am taking my girls and her bridesmaids dress shopping today in NYC. There only 4 weeks until the wedding, and though Rory still doesn't currently have a bump, her stomach has hardened and it will only be a matter of time now. So this should be an eventful trip.

I have still yet to invite Shira to the party or take any of her dozen or so phone calls since she found out about the event. She can stress a bit longer after how nasty she has been to my granddaughter and unremorsefully so. It will do her good to sweat and fret about why she hasn't received an invite yet... I also know she is wanting me to introduce Logan to the Hayden heiress. HA! Silly woman truly has no idea...and... sure, I will get around to inviting her formally before the event starts, but she needs to feel like the insignificant after thought she truly is. The Huntzberger name has surely gone to her head over the years and she is in desperate need of the reality check that I intend to give her; when I speak to her.

Thinking of difficult mothers, Lorelai has refused to speak to Rory since she found out about her choosing to take on familial and society responsibilities. She told her unless she walks away from this life she won't be speaking to her and has nothing to say to her, she even hung up on her before she was able to tell her about the engagement or the babies. Not that she would have been jumping for joy, but it broke Rory's heart nonetheless. That isn't sitting well with me one bit....

However, her behavior was not shocking to Emily or I in the least. That was just Lorelai being the Lorelai she has been since she was 5 years old. It's always been her way or no way. For most of her life Rory abided by that, unbeknownst to her. Unfortunately for my poor granddaughter is now experiencing the side we all know of her mother. Rory was beside herself because Lorelai wouldn't answer her calls or return them, so she and Logan drove to Stars Hollow trying to see her and tell her the news. In true childish Lorelai fashion, she hid in her locked house and avoided them which in turn had Rory in tears. Logan ended up telling that delightful Sookie St. James woman in hopes to make Lorelai see the error of her ways. The woman said she would do what she could, but you know Lorelai.... Well, they may not, but I do. Anyhow, Sookie offered to fully cater both parties  she was insistent upon it in fact so some unseen benefit came from Lorelai's petulant actions, which is a surprising first.