Ꮗ| 15

' If you knew I wasn't fine, why didn't you say anything ? '

*
*
*
*
-
Midnight

💫 Journey 💫

I was up and on top of the roof the house staring at the sky with guilt and sadness in me. I just felt like my whole world would just collapse if I just jumped.

Would anyone actually care that I ready or will they just forget about like how I forget most things in my life.

I took a deep breath exhaling the air and just closing my eyes and just calming myself down, I rubbed against my scars that felt bumpy and have a story behind them.

They all tell my story. The story of my depression.

The story with how I lost my parents, my passion, myself conscious, my smile, and my dignity. I have these scars not just for the pain, but for how I feel inside and deal with myself everyday.

I just listened to cars pass by, people laughing, music playing and pounding of a basketball... and someone calling my name ?

I sat up and seen LaMelo with his basketball calling me, I looked at him confused. " What is the deal with you coming through here anyway ? "

" Like I said before, I live near here and I was at the park with some friends playing basketball. " He said climbing the ladder to where I was. " I haven't played basketball for almost three years I think. "

" That's a long time, why don't you start playing again ? " He asked me.

I just huffed and did a weak smile. " I don't wanna play anymore, brings back to many memories from the past. "

" What kind of memories ? " He asked me. I felt it was ok to tell him things, just not everything.

" I lost my parents, coming home from winning the big game of year and being the best of the best, all of a sudden. Bam ! A something hit... and I blamed myself for that, that my parents aren't here to see me grow successfully. " I said staring down at my faded scars.

" I then forgot about basketball, myself, and everything and everyone around... and that's when I came here, to find myself again... before I really start to loose myself. "

I felt him stare at me with a weak smile and I gave him one back. He told me about how his mom almost passed from a stroke and still growing strong staying alive. I wish my parents were like that.

" Journey, I like how your easy to talk to than anybody I know to be exact. " He said.

" That's interesting, because I thought your girlfriend would do that. I mean she is your girlfriend... right ? "

" She is my girlfriend, but she doesn't listen to me like you do, I mean your different from her. " He said giving me a smile.

I nodded my head and gave him a weak smile. " I guess your the same way LaMelo, in a weird and funny type of way. " I said letting out a laugh.

" Then, does that mean we can be best friends then ?  " He asked me.

I hesitated for a second thinking should I say yes or no, but he's a cool and chill person. I mean that's all I know about him. " I guess we can be friends, under one condition. "

He nodded his head letting me continue what I was about to say. " I know people like to ask questions about and my personal, and I don't wanna have to answer any questions from you... so can you do that ? "

" I can do that... friends ? " He asked me holding his hand out for me to shake. " Friends. " I shook his hand giving him a warm smile.

Is this something that's really going to last between us ?

*
*
*
*
-