Can't help falling in love.(PP)

(Don't play song yet!)

Warning: insecure reader.
Peter is adorable. Liz is mean.
And fluff+angst (kinda😂) bullying.

Your POV
I walk through the school hallways on my way to lunch thinking about Peter once more.
He's my best friend.
But he's also the guy I couldn't help falling in love with.

But he was dating his dream girl Liz Allen.

He has been crushing on Liz for a while and now he's finally dating her.

I've...never seen him so happy.

He was never that happy when he hung out with me.

I guess, I just wasn't a good enough friend for him.

We sort of drifted away since he started dating her.

Between her, school, and Spider-Man duties he wouldn't have time for me.

It was always us at school.

We would hang out, eat lunch, be gym partners from time to time, we would always hang out in the hallways before class.

But he's started doing all that with her.

He's basically forgotten about me.

And, I don't wanna be that friend that seems needy and needs her best friend back.

So I just ignore it now... well....try to ignore it.

I try my best to ignore it and keep the thought at the back of my mind.

But it always seems to push back into my thoughts.

Peter was dating Liz, and that's it. There's nothing I can do to get my best friend back.

And I know Peter is happy, but he doesn't see what Liz does to other people sometimes.

She's a bully.

He doesn't know it. When he is not around her or he isn't anywhere to be seen, she starts pushing people around, she puts them down about themselves, and she just! UGH. She bullies people! SHES A BULLY!

And I've tried to tell Peter on multiple occasions but he just won't listen.

I guess that's another why he wouldn't talk to me, the 1st time I tried talking to him about it, we were still friends, but as it went on and on and on... the last time I tried to tell him and just shook his head, denied it, and walked away without saying anything.

Before then we would say hi in the hallways, or high five, but now it's just nothing...

I shake out of my thoughts and walk to my locker.
I grab my stuff out of my locker and right after I grab the last book it's slammed right in front of my face.
Everyone looks at me.

"Hey Y/n." Liz says in an annoyed tone.

"Hi..." I say looking at her.

"Listen. I know the way you look at my boyfriend, so, back.off."She says sternly.

"He was my best friend first. But that's gone. We don't talk anymore." I say with a hint of sadness in my voice.

She pushes me against the locker, making a loud noise.

She leans closer to my face.

"And that's how it should be." She says

Then one of her friends hand her a cup of coffee and she spills it on my shirt.