196.l o k i-hearme(part III)

"Can you at least try to hold it properly?" Loki asked, arms crossed, watching how you managed to lift a weapon

It's been two days in the space, you had to distract yourself  from your own internal pain, from the thought that millions of people had to leave their homes, their world, Asgard. Feeling that you can't hold the stupid weapon any longer, you dropped it as it hit the ground with a loud sound.

"You could've helped me," You shrugged, but didn't even look at him already knowing that he was staring at you.

"Oh, alright. When we fight with Thanos, the first thing I will do is run to you and lift your weapon for you." It sounded more like sarcasm.

"War isn't for you, woman." It didn't. Loki approached you and looked you in the eyes before lifting his weapon easily as if it was some pillow. You've watched him and have already noted to yourself it was a bad idea to try fighting as you felt a slight ache in your arms.

Hurrying to your cabin, you suddenly stopped feeling that you had heard something... something has diverted your attention. Before entering the cabin, you've checked the area, but nothing seemed to be abnormal. The atmosphere has changed, though.

The Earth was spectacular from the window of your cabin. So was the... wreckage? Getting closer to the window, you looked around and noticed more and more wreckage of your ship. Before you could move to the exit you heard people'a screams, such screams, you thought that they would haunt you for the rest of your life. Then there were sounds of loaded weapons. There was fighting. You hesitated a lot before deciding to go there or stay in the cabin.

When you walked towards the exit, sounds increased and so did the voice inside you begging you to stop. As you walked through the corridor you felt your heart beating so fast, it could jump out of its place. Finally, you reached the door, you just needed to dial an access code and unlock it. With trembling fingers you lifted your arm and started pressing the buttons.

With a low hiss the door opened automatically and you could finally see the reason of all your worries. You had to cover your mouth with your hand just to muffle the squeak that had come out of your mouth as you saw the view in front of you.

Bodies were everywhere. Men, women, children... Millions of them, about whom you thought they had suffered enough. Now their lifeless bodies were on the ground. You raised your eyes and saw an obnoxious, dreadful creature, a tyrant that has caused chaos and disorder. Sensing a strong smell of death, you forced yourself not to throw up there and hid behind the counter for what seemed to be forever.

Only later you've noticed Loki and Stephen being surrounded by another creatures. Bruce was gone. Thanos held Thor in chains beside him.

"Let's see if you truly are not loyal to your new crew." He spoke. You stepped back not wanting to be noticed before feeling something sharp, pointing at the back your head.

Loki held his gaze on his brother, sensing that Thanos would hurt him badly. But his thoughts got distracted when he saw one of the children of Thanos dragged you out of your hidden place and led you to his father. You looked at Loki while walking to Thanos, his eyes seemed to say, "You should've stayed there."

"Your last words, sweetheart?" The purple giant asked before examining the look on Loki's face.

"Go to hell!" You hissed through gritted teeth.

"A bad choice of words." He replied and nodded to his child, who immediately walked towards you, holding his spear in front of him. You automatically backed away, but felt a wall behind you.

Loki's eyes settled on you, he could do something, say something, but his voice betrayed him. After all, you were just a human. Why would he risk his chances and save you? Considering the millions of people who have fallen victim to it, your life didn't cost anything. He watched as the creature was getting closer and closer to you.

"All right, stop!" Loki gave up, seeing how dread filled your eyes. That was the last thing he saw right before the creature placed the point of his spear directly over your heart and plunged it through your heart.

You looked down at your chest and saw the red liquid coming from your shirt. The pain that once burned like fire had faded away, everything became fuzzy in front of you till you couldn't see anything. You could distinguish Loki's voice, you heard his scream, it sounded like it was coming from a long way away. Until all was black.

Loki lunged toward you, but the Black Order surrounded him, making him kneel as he dropped to the ground. His eyes fixated on the ground, he couldn't dare to cast his eyes over your lifeless body. Thanos smiled seeing him so weak, so puny, without his confidence.

Loki was thinking as all the children of Thanos surrounded him. In an instant, Loki turned his face toward Stephen, who stepped back when the Order had attacked Loki. Loki looked at him and screamed, "Bring everything back!!!"

Stephen waved his arms in the air and before Thanos could attack the green light swallowed everything there.

***

After a few seconds he let your hand. He wanted to leave, but stopped at the gate and turned to you. "I wanted to say that we evacuate people in a few days. And when I say "we" I mean... Bruce, me and Stephen." With those words he wanted to leave, but you stopped him.

"What? Wait, I can come, too. I'll help." You assured him.

"You're not coming." He said with a stern voice as if you offended him. After he'd left you had that feeling as if you'd missed something... something.

•••

That's it, this is the ending. I hope you enjoyed this one-shot.  😼 Also due to the maximum amount of chapters I can't add new chapters anymore, so I will create a new book of these imagines. THANKK YOUU for your support! It warms my heart knowing that this is also interesting for someone as it is for me. Thank you again