N I N E

I'm sitting on the couch as I hear the door slam shut.

"Huh?" I mutter to myself.

I cautiously get up, and look round the corner, noticing movement by the front door.

"Hello?" I yell out timidly.

I slowly walk round and see... Hyerin?

"Hyerin? What are you doing home?" I ask her.

She sighs heavily and sits at the dining room table, placing her head in her hands letting out soft sobs.

"Hyerin?" I walk up to her, taking a seat at the table.

"Hyerin? What's wrong?" I ask her with worry in my voice. I grab her shoulders and pull her into a hug.

"Hyerin, please talk to me. What happened? Why are you home early? Did you have a fight with Jimin?" I ask her.

"No" She whispers. "I have something to tell you, Jangmi." She added.

"What is it? Tell me." I say to her, caressing her hair. She beings to sob uncontrollably in my neck.

"Oh my God, please, don't cry. What happened?" I say, tears now filling my eyes. I hate to see my sister this way.

She slowly pulls away from the hug and looks me directly in my eyes. Her eyes are puffy and red, there's a deep sorrow written on her face. Whatever it is, it must be bad.

"I'm pregnant." She whispers.

I look at her in shock.

"What?" I mutter.

"I found out last week. I couldn't find the courage to tell Jimin. We're not even in a relationship. We never discussed it." She says. "But I told him today." She added.

"Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not sad because of how Jimin reacted. He was actually very sweet and supportive. Obviously it shocked him, this isn't what we both planned." She says.

"But I can't keep it Jangmi." She whispers.

I continue to comfort her, stroking her hair and her shoulder. Letting her know I'm here for her, whatever decision she makes.

"We can't have a baby. We're both not ready. And especially with his busy schedule? I don't want to raise a child without a father, or a father who can only see it every now and then. It's not fair on any of us." She says.

"And I don't even know what we are. We act like a couple but we've never spoken about it. I'm so confused Jangmi." She says, crying into my shoulder.

"Did you say this to him when you told him?" I ask. 

"Yes, he said he doesn't know either. He doesn't know what to do. This has complicated everything." She says.

"I mean, there are other options, Hyerin. You could put it up for adoption if you don't want to go through with an abortion." I tell her.

"I know, but I don't think I can go through 9 months of carrying it, caring for it, growing it just to be able to give it away. I have friends who have been in that situation, and they say it's one of the hardest things they've ever had to do. It's left permanent mental scars." She says.

"How far are you? Have you seen a doctor?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm still really early. 6 weeks." She says.

"So you have plenty of time to think about it, about what you want. Has Jimin told you what he wants? Does he know?" I say.

"He doesn't know either. We're both confused, Jangmi. But I know that both of us are sure we can't have a child." She says, tears filling her eyes once again.

"He told me whatever decision we make, he'll be there for me and support me." She says.

"So will I, Hyerin. You do whatever you feel is best. Ok?" I say to her, comforting her once more.

She nods her head on my shoulder.

"I'm gonna order some food. That'll cheer you up." I say. "What do you want? Anything at all." I added.

"How about pizza and a movie?" She asks, looking up at me, tears staining her cheeks.

I smile at her. "Of course."

We're sat on the couch, cuddling into each other eating pizza and watching a romantic comedy. I'm about to grab my drink until I hear the buzzer on my door.

I get up and answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Jangmi. It's Jimin. Can I come up?"

"Oh, yeah of course. Come in." I respond, and buzz him in, opening the door.

I sit back down with Hyerin and wait for Jimin to enter. "Jimin's here." I whisper to her.

She looks up at me. "What?" She replies.

"He's coming up, I think it's best you two sit down properly and have a talk about what you both want." I say. She sighs and nods, getting up from her seat and walking to the door, waiting to greet Jimin.

I don't exactly want to invade their privacy, but I want to listen in. She's my sister afterall. Even though she is older, I have a duty to protect her.

Jimin walks through the door and hugs Hyerin. I can see the sadness in both of them.

They walk over to the dining table and sit down, holding each others hands across the table.

Hyerin's POV

I let out a heavy sigh. Jimin is holding my hands tightly, looking at me in sympathy.

"So." I begin. My eyes look everywhere except for Jimin. "I don't know what to do, Jimin. I've spoken to Jangmi. She says we have other options. But either way it's going to be hard." I say.

"I know... But we need to think of not only our situation, but the child's." He says. "Do you think it's fair on it if it grows up never seeing it's dad? As much as I'd love it, I wouldn't be able to see it. Not often." He adds.

"I know, and I don't want to jeopardise your career. It's selfish of me to want to distract you from work. And having a child will do exactly that. You have a duty to perform and entertain millions of people. I can't take that away from you or them." I say. "And then it wouldn't be fair on any of the other members. If it came to that, they'd lose you as a member and their careers could crumble too." I added.

He sighs.

"We need to decided what to do. We know we're not going to keep it. So it's either I have an abortion, or we give it up for adoption when it's born." I said.

We talked about it for the next 2 hours. We both cried, both conflicted on what the best option is.

And we finally came to a decision.

A/N: What do you think they should do?