T H I R T Y S E V E N

One year later

"Hyerin! I can't breathe." I said, clutching at my chest full of anxiety. 

"It's okay, we're all here. Don't panic, everything will be fine! Nothing will go wrong, I'll make sure of it." She says reassuringly. 

"I've never been more nervous in my life... Oh my God." I say between heavy breaths, starting to feel the full effect of my nerves, panic taking over me. 

"Deep breaths, in and out." She says, guiding me to breathe. I mimic her actions as I start to feel myself calm down slightly. 

"There we go... God, you're so dramatic." She laughs. 

"Are you ready?" She asks me, her tone now more serious. 

I close my eyes and inhale deeply, letting out a breath. "Yes." 

"Alright. Barbara and I are gonna go take our places. I'll go get Dad. Remember, best day of your life! You'll be fine." She says, rubbing my arm lovingly. "Fighting!" She yells before she scurries out of the dressing room. I start to pace back and forth in the room, trying my best not to trip over the dress. 

"Honey? Are you ready?" I hear my Dad's warm voice as he pokes his head round the door. 

"Omo..." He gasps, his jaw dropping open. 

"What Appa? Is there something wrong with the dress?" I ask worriedly as I try to look at the back of my dress, going in circles as I do, drawing a laugh from him as he watches me go round and round in a loop like a puppy chasing its tail.

"No! The dress is absolutely perfect, sweetheart." He says, giving me a warm hug. 

I decided to go for a pure white, lace bodice with an exposed back and an overflowing, elegant train. Complete with lace sleeves and collar with a bouquet of white.

I take another deep breath, grabbing my bouquet of flowers, hugging them to my chest before opening my mouth to speak

"I'm ready."

As I'm stood in front of two large, brown, oak wood doors, I feel my Dad move his arm, gesturing for me to link my arm with his, smiling at me with nothing but adoration, love and pride in his eyes.

"You look absolutely beautiful." He whispers, placing a kiss on my head. 

"Thank you, Appa." I say, smiling widely at him as I blink back my tears. I feel my heart pound against my chest, my stomach doing somersaults as the time draws nearer and nearer. 

Just then, I hear the sound of the organ begin, causing my heart to accelerate more. I can now hear my heart beating rapidly in my ears over the loud instrument. The doors slowly creak open, revealing the room to me. The ceiling as high as the sky, the stained glass windows trickling in beautifully coloured light, the white and pink roses along every row of pews. I hear the creak of everyone turning in their seats to look behind them, looking for me.