T W E N T Y S I X

8:23pm - Parent's house.

I'm sat at the dining table with my parents eating dinner my mother prepared. Her cooking has always been the best, I always feel a sense of comfort and nostalgia when I eat her food.

"I thought your new boyfriend was coming?" She asks. I splutter on my soup, realising I forgot to think of an excuse.

"Oh, yeah - Sorry I forgot to tell you. Something came up in work and he couldn't come. So it's just me for a few days, Eomma." I reply, satisfied with my answer.

"Oh... That's a shame. I was looking forward to meeting him. You didn't have a fight did you?" She asks out of concern. I look at my dad who I don't think is actually listening to the conversation. He seems to engrossed in his food - That's where I get it from.

"No no, Eomma. We didn't, we're fine. I'm sorry I know you were excited. Maybe next time." I say, giving her a half smile.

If there is a next time.

"So, Appa, how's the business?" I ask him out of respect.

"The business is doing great. We turned a profit this month, a big profit. Your Eomma and I were thinking about giving you and Hyerin a cut." He says.

I furrow my brows at him. "A cut? Of the money you made? Appa, we can't accept that." I say.

"Jangmi, you can and you will. You're my daughters, I love you both very much. It must be hard for you both living on your own." He says.

My parents don't know about Hyerin's pregnancy. They're traditional Korean parents and would never accept the fact Hyerin fell pregnant out of wedlock. She's worried they'd disown her. I've tried to reassure her many times that they'd never disown her, but I agree they wouldn't be happy...

"How is Hyerin? Is she working hard?" My father asks.

You could say that.

"Yes, Appa. She's doing fine. We both are." I say with a calm tone, trying to not give anything away.

After we finish dinner, my parents retire for bed. I decided to stay downstairs and watch TV, at least attempting to get my mind off of things.

I haven't spoken to him since our fight. He really let me down. I was so happy to be able to finally introduce somebody to my parents who I know they'd approve of, and for them to be proud of me. I felt like I disappointed my parents a lot growing up; they had nothing to be proud of me for.

This was my chance, but he ruined it. I can't deny that I miss him, though. Every time we're apart, I feel like something is missing. I still love him, I always will.

The next morning. - 6:04am

I hear relentless pounding on the front door from downstairs. What the hell is going on? I check the time - 6am?!

"Who the fuck is knocking the door down at 6am?!" I whisper yell to myself.

It's Sunday, my parents go out every Sunday early morning to pray and eat breakfast together. So whoever it is being a selfish, inconsiderate asshole is lucky my parents aren't home.

I make my way downstairs and swing the door open aggressively. "What do you wa-"

I stop myself when I see Yoongi standing in front of me on my parents porch.

He looks at me with guilt and pain in his eyes. He purses his lips into a straight line and quickly pulls me into him, hugging me. "I'm so sorry." He whispers.

I let out a heavy sigh and pull away from him, moving out the way of the door and gesturing for him to come inside. "You're lucky my parents aren't home." I say bluntly.

"Can we talk about what happened? I want you to hear my side." He says, ignoring my last comment. "It's a little early. I've just been rudely awoken and I haven't even eaten yet. Can't it wait?" I ask him, giving him a taste of his own medicine.

I know I'm acting really bitter and petty, but I'm still mad at him. Now I have to come up with another excuse for my parents when they see he's here. He's not exactly making things easy.

He ignores what I say again and begins to speak his side of the story.

"Jangmi, I walked out like that because I didn't know how to react to it, I wasn't sure if I was relieved or upset. I had kind of got it into my head for the last 4 months that he was mine. I shut my phone off and made my way to the nearest bar to forget about things. I know I handled it wrong and I let you down, I'm sorry." He says sincerely.

"You can't do stupid things like that every time you're stressed or met with difficult situations." I reply bluntly. "I know that, it was just a one time thing, I promise." He replies.

"You did it when we had a fight in Berlin. Remember?" I ask him. "Yeah, but I hadn't done it since then until now." He says, trying to justify himself.

I let out a frustrated sigh and walk out of the room, making my way up the stairs towards my bedroom. I feel Yoongi following me, he's not letting this go.

"Jangmi, please. I don't want to fight." He says, following me into my room, shutting the door behind us.

"I don't want to fight but I'm so angry with you right now. I wanted this weekend to be perfect, for you to meet my parents, for them to like you and you like them." I say.

"We still can, we have a day." He says, sitting down beside me on the bed. "Always better late than never, right?" He adds.

I pause for a moment. Maybe he's right, I should let it go and let him redeem himself for the last day.

"Alright, fine. I forgive you, but no more stupid decisions." I say, trying to hold back a smile. I can never stay mad at him for long.

He moves his arm around to place his hand on my head, pulling me into him and placing a kiss on my forehead. "I'll make it up to you, I promise. I love you." He whispers softly.

1 hour later

My parents arrive back from their morning prayers. I'm upstairs in my room showing family photos to Yoongi; until I hear my Eomma calling me. "Oh, they're back." I say, quickly rushing to my feet. I grab Yoongi and walk out of the room.

I lead Yoongi into the living room, where I'm immediately met with my parents gaze.

"Eomma, Appa; This is Min Yoongi, my boyfriend." I say, giving them a smile. They look confused, I quickly give them an excuse. "He got time off work, so he could make it in the end."

My mother smiles and welcomes Yoongi, as well as my father. I watch them engage in conversation and get to know each other, forming a smile on my face.

My mother walks up to me from the kitchen, leaning in close. "He looks familiar." She whispers.

"Ah, yeah... He's part of the group BTS, Eomma. That'll be where you recognise him from." I whisper back. "Omo... He's very famous Jangi." She says in surprise. "Do the public know?" She asks out of concern. "Yes..."

"Hm. He's nice and polite. And he's very handsome." She says, giggling as she walks away.

Oh, I know.