T H I R T Y

This chapter is dedicated to the real Barbara <3  

Barbara's POV. - 3 months later

Tae and I have been together for 4 months. After I moved into Jangmi and Hyerin's old apartment, we spent a lot of time together and really got closer. He'd stay over every night he was free, spending time with me, going out in private and just enjoying each other's company.

But for some reason, he's been really distant over the last 2 weeks. When he had free time, he'd make excuses to not come and see me, he spent more time at the dorm and at Jangmi and Yoongi's house. I understand he needs to spend time with friends and other people, but it didn't seem... Right.

I've tried talking to him about it, but he shuts me out. He ignores it and changes the subject, completely avoiding the topic.

But today I reached the end of my tether. He's been avoiding me for 2 weeks, barely even having a conversation. He's been free of BTS schedules, there's no excuse!

I angrily grab my phone and send him a text.

Barbara ~ Can you come over?

Tae ~ I can't. I promised Jungkook I'd help him with something.

Barbara ~ Oh, and what's that?

Tae ~ It's not important, just work stuff.

Barbara ~ Oh, okay... Well, I really need to talk to you. This is important.

Tae ~ What is it?

Barbara ~ No, it's better for it to be in person.

Tae ~ Okay... I'll finish up and come over when I can. I'll text you when I'm leaving.

Barbara ~ Okay.

Oh, I thought he was busy? Yep, definitely been avoiding me.

3 hours later.

Tae texted me 10 minutes ago that he's on his way, which means he should be here any second. I start to feel nervous, imagining how this conversation is going to go. Will it result in an argument? Will it resolve our issue? I'm scared...

I hear the door close and he walks in, looking at me emotionless. This is the first time he's seen me in 2 weeks, is he not happy? Excited?

"Hey." I mumble. He doesn't greet me back, instead bluntly getting straight to the point.

"What did you wanna talk about?" He asks, casually walking over to the couch and sitting down. I follow, placing myself beside him. I look down and play with my fingers, unsure of how to start the conversation.

"What is it?" He says softly.

"I-I don't know what's going on. Are we okay? Something feels off between us. I've spoken to Jungkook more than I've spoken to you lately." I say, looking up at him. He lets out a heavy sigh.

He stutters, trying to find the right words. He shakes his head in frustration after failing to say what he wants to say.

"You don't love me, do you?" I blurt out.

He doesn't say anything. He keeps his gaze locked to his feet, leaning his elbows on his knees.

"I tried. I really did, I- I just can't." He says, his voice cracking. "You know why, don't you?" He asks, lifting his head and meeting my gaze. I can see the tears filling his eyes.