E I G H T E E N

Hyerin's POV

I'm sitting on the couch, squirming in my seat with anticipation because Jangmi and Jimin come home today. I've missed them both so much, it's been really hard on my own for the last 3 months.

I'm now 5 months pregnant. Jimin and I decided to give the baby up for adoption once it's born. We didn't think it was fair to take a life away because of our own stupid mistakes. It's not the baby's fault. 

I know it's going to be hard. I already feel an attachment to it... It's growing inside of me, and every hospital appointment I go to, I can hear it's heartbeat and see it moving on the ultrasound. I feel a sense of pride when I can see it, when I hear it . But when I get those feelings, I stop myself because I know it'll be even harder when the time comes to give it away. 

As I sit on my own in deep thought, a tear falls from my eye, slowly running down my cheek. I feel a lump form in my throat. I don't want to love it. I can't. It'll destroy me...

I love Jimin. I want nothing more than to have his children, I want us to be together, get married, grow old... It's been 6 months and he still hasn't made a move for us to be together officially. I watch Yoongi and Jangmi together, and I can't help but feel jealous. I want that. I want Jimin to tell me he loves me, to give me random kisses on my forehead, to tell me I'm beautiful. 

To feel proud that I'm his, and only his. 

But he holds back. I don't know how he really feels, he's never opened up to me. In the beginning it was just lust, sex. The sexual tension between us was clear the first time we met. But after a while, I started to develop feelings for him. Really deep... 

I fell in love with him, madly, quickly. I wasn't interested in other men, I only had eyes for him. I began to picture us in the future, happy, together. And I knew at that point I'd fallen in deep. But I never knew how he felt, I still don't. 

Ugh, maybe it's the pregnancy hormones making me think like this, getting all broody. I shrug it off and try to occupy my mind with something else. I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it. Maybe I can talk to Jimin about it properly when he comes over later. Whatever the outcome, I need to tell him how I feel.

Later that day.

I hear the door slam from the foyer, followed by Jangmi's voice.

"Hyerinnnnnn!" She sings. I immediately get up from the couch and waddle over to her. Now that I'm further along in the pregnancy, I'm showing, and growing bigger with each day. I feel huge already. 

"JANGMIII-AHHHHH!" I scream as I enter the foyer and quickly pull her into a tight hug, pretty much attacking the poor girl. God, why am I so aggressive?

She pulls away and looks at me, still holding onto my arms. "Oh my God! I've only been gone 3 months and you're really showing." She says in shock. 

"I know, It's gone quick. Only 4 months left..." I say with a crack in my voice. Jangmi notices my reaction, giving me a comforting smile and pulls me in to hug her again. 

"Oh, Hyerin... I know you're scared. I know it's really tough. But just think to yourself, this is better for the baby's sake." She says, gently running her hands up and down my arms. 

"I know, anyway... I don't wanna talk about that. Let's talk about you and the trip! How was it?" I ask her, pulling her over to the couch. 

"Oh, it was amazing. The first night Yoongi and I got into a little heated argument, but after that it was nothing but pure bliss. He treated me like a Queen." She says, a genuine smile etched on her delicate face. I'm so happy for her. She deserves this, she deserves a good man and happiness.