T W E N T Y E I G H T

"Jangmi, can I talk to you?" Barbara approaches me on the couch with a sad look on her face. "Of course, what's wrong?" I reply, looking at her with concern. She seems really down.

She sits herself down next to me. I notice her glancing at the bracelet Tae gifted me for Christmas. She looks up and meets my eyes, opening her mouth to speak.

"I know how you and Tae are close... Has he ever mentioned me to you? Spoke about me?" She asks, worry evident in her voice. "About what?" I ask her, feeling slightly confused.

"Nothing in particular, just anything. Has he ever talked about me, said anything nice or that he likes me?" She asks. "Well, we haven't spoken a lot recently as he's been busy. Is there something on your mind, Bab?"

"I don't know... I guess I'm just feeling insecure. He really went through a lot of effort for your gift." She points at my bracelet. "It's not like I was expecting some big, elaborate gift from him because we're not even dating. We've only been talking for a couple weeks. But I couldn't help feel a little jealous." She says, looking down at her hands.

"He still got you a nice gift." I say, gesturing towards the necklace she's wearing. She delicately places her finger over the necklace, deep in thought. "I feel like it doesn't have meaning behind it, like it's not special, though." She says.

"Aw come on... Don't feel like that. Like you said, you've only known each other a little while. I'm sure there will be plenty of times where you both can get closer." I say, trying to reassure her.

"I guess. I noticed Yoongi's reaction to your bracelet though. He didn't seem happy with it." She responds. I raise my eyebrow at her. "He hasn't said anything to me. If it bothered him I'm sure he would tell me." I say. "Of course, sorry I don't mean it in a bad way." She says shyly.

"It's okay. Have you spoken to Tae lately?" I ask her.

"Not really. Like you said he's busy so we haven't spoken for the last couple of days. I do kind of miss him, though." She says with a quiet voice.

"You'll see him soon, don't worry." I say, placing my arm around her for comfort.

"You're right. I still had a really nice Christmas. I spoke to Jungkook a lot actually, we've definitely gotten close; and he acts exactly the same in person as he does on TV. All of them do!" She squeals, looking up at me with a smile on her face.

I smile back. I love seeing Barbara happy, she's been through a lot with previous relationships. She has trust issues when it comes to new relationships, it takes her a long time to build trust and she gets really insecure. And I know Tae would never do anything to hurt anyone, he's as sweet as they come.

As Barbara and I are having a sweet heart to heart, Hyerin bursts into the room with a panicked look on her face, holding her pants. They're soaking wet at the crotch. "Jangmi!" She yells, panting heavily. I look at her confused for a couple seconds before I realise what's going on.

Hyerin's gone into labour.

I quickly jump to my feet and rush over to her, putting an arm around her back for support. "We need to take you to the hospital." I say in a calm tone. Barbara also comes to help, supporting her other side.

We help Hyerin out of the apartment and put her in the backseat of my car, heading for the hospital.

"Bab, can you call Jimin?" I ask her as I drive. 

"No! Don't, people will recognise him. Please." Hyerin says in between her heavy breaths. 

"What? Hyerin he should at least be there." I respond.