T H I R T Y T H R E E

Warning: Smut included!

"Will you marry me?"

I'm speechless... Every fibre of my being is frozen and I can't move my mouth. I can't form words and I'm just staring at him with my jaw to the ground.

Did I hear him right? Is this a joke? Is he messing with me? Is this a dream?
His stare is burning in my eyes, waiting for a reaction from me, for an answer.

"I - I" I stutter, still struggling to wrap my head around this situation and what's before me. He has a soul crushing look of concern on his face. He's eagerly waiting for me to answer the most important question he's ever asked someone and I'm just leaving him hanging...

As it sinks in, I slap my hand over my mouth and let out ugly sobs. It finally crash lands on me what's really just happened and I can't control my tears.

"Of course I will!" I manage to squeak through my cries of joy. His facial expression immediately changes from a look of worry and regret to instant happiness and joy. He let's his own tears fall before rushing over to me and pulling me into a tight, warm and loving embrace. He let's out a sigh of relief in my ears, his breath shuddering as he tries to hold his own emotions back.
I do nothing but cry loudly into him, gripping onto his shoulders and pulling him even closer to me. At this point we're as close as humanely possible.

"I love you so much, Jangmi." He whispers, his breath hitching as he manages to regain his composure. He pulls back and lifts the box from the table that he dropped to hug me. He gently pulls the ring out, looking up at me nervously.
He reaches his hand out to my left hand, delicately wrapping his long, masculine fingers around my fingers, and slips the ring on with ease.

A perfect fit.

He places his other hand over the top of mine, caressing my skin as he looks in my eyes. My cheeks are stained with my tears, my entire face is wet and I swear I've never looked worse. But somehow he reads my mind.

"You look beautiful, jagiya" He says, smiling at me.

"I wasn't expecting this, I'm sorry I was just shocked." I say, patting my face with my finger tips in effort to not completely ruin my makeup. I'm a sniffing mess who looks like a drowned rat, yet he still finds me beautiful. I've really hit the jackpot.

He chuckles at me before leaning over, cupping both of my cheeks in his hands and swiping his thumbs, drying my face, before he places a gentle kiss on my lips.

He let's go of my face, scooting over closer to me as I admire the ring. I can't stop staring at it on on my hand. I've never seen something so stunning in my life. I've never even touched anything this expensive before, I don't dare ask how much it cost... He'd never tell me anyway.

I let out a sigh of content, quickly grabbing the champagne glass and downing it in one go. Yeah, I needed that... Fuck. He looks at me in amusement as I grab his and down that too. I need something to calm my nerves, I'm still a mess.

"Yah, don't get drunk now. Remember what happened last time?" He says, giving me a mischievous grin. Really? He's gonna play with me like that, even in this situation?! Aish... He can't help himself. I say nothing but grin back, filling both of our glasses back up, before I take mine in my hand and raise it, indicating for him to raise his too.

"Konbae" We both say as we clink our glasses together, taking a small sip. Thankfully the shock has washed over, my nerves settled and I've stopped shaking like a leaf and crying like a baby.

I can feel him staring at me as I lean over to grab my glass again, forgetting how revealing my dress is. I feel him place his hand gently on the small of my back, and I smile at the touch. It's a warm, comforting touch that makes me feel safe and loved. He leans in closely to my ears and I feel his breath on my neck.