T W E N T Y F I V E

1 week later.

"So, when are you going to meet her?" I look at Yoongi who's sat on the edge of my bed, looking down at the envelope. "She agreed to meet us in 2 weeks." He responds.

"Just you, or will the management be there?" I ask him. "Management will be there, it'll be a formal meeting. This affects my career either way." He says, continuing to gaze down at his hands.

I look at him with concern, he seems really torn over this.

"Yoongi... You don't have to open it now if you're not ready." I say with a soft voice, gently resting my hand on his forearm. He lets out a heavy sigh and turns the envelope over, tearing it open. He unfolds the paper and begins to read, nervousness evident in his face.

I watch his eyes scan the words printed before him, watching his expression so I can get an idea of what the results are. But nothing, he gives no expression. Sometimes I can't read him.

He lowers the paper down from his view and turns to look at me. "Well?" I ask.

"He's not mine."

I don't know how to react because he's not showing me how he feels about the result. There's still no reaction or emotion from him. He gets up from the bed and folds the paper back up again, placing it in his bag; walking towards to door and exiting the room.

"Yoongi, wai-" He closes the door behind him.

He's shutting me out. He's not talking to me or about how he feels, and I know that this never ends well.

Yoongi's POV.

I shouldn't have walked out like that, but I didn't know how else to react. Jangmi's going to think that I'm shutting her out, that I'm taking it out on her. I'm not, I just need time to think. I love her, I don't want her to feel bad. I just don't know how I feel.

Did I want him to be mine? Am I upset? Am I disappointed?

I don't know...

I've never even met him. I didn't know he existed until 4 months ago, but since then I've thought about him, and the possibility of him being my son everyday.

I'm conflicted, I need time to process the news and to give myself the opportunity to move on and accept that he's not mine.

I grab my coat and walk out of the apartment, shutting the door behind me.

As I enter my car, I hear my phone ding. I glance over to see a message from Jangmi. I ignore it, I can't bring myself to talk to her right now.

After driving around for 20 minutes, I spot a bar. I pull up, get out and walk inside.

Jangmi's POV.

I quickly leap off of my bed to follow Yoongi out of the room, but he's gone, so is his coat. Did he really just leave like that? What's going on? Is he upset? Did he want it to be a positive result?

I'm standing in the middle of the hallway, alone and confused. I rush to grab my phone and send him a text.

Jangmi ~ Where are you? What happened just now? I'm confused.