T H I R T Y F O U R

Barbara's POV

I'm laying on my stomach on my bed, scrolling through my social media before my phone vibrates, indicating I have a text. I notice the name at the top, I furrow my eyebrows and a sickening feeling rises in the pit of my stomach. 

Jangmi ~ Hey Bab! Hope everything's okay. I wanna invite you to a party Yoongi and I are having tonight if you're free? We need to catch up! 

I sigh as I read the message over and over. She's my best friend, and it's not her fault. I'm not mad at her, but I'm hurt. Why does the one man I love more in the world have to love someone else, that someone else being my longest friend, the one person I'm closest to? I pluck up my courage and write a reply.

Barbara ~ Hey, sure I'll be there. What time? And dress code?

Jangmi ~ 6pm, and anything goes, no formal dress code. See you there :) 

I lock my phone, throwing it beside on me on the bed as I bury my face into the mattress. I can't cry anymore, it's all I've done for the past few days, I'm pretty sure I've run out of tears. I feel my phone vibrate again against the bed. Frustratingly, I lift my head up and sigh. But when I see the name, a smile forms on my face.

Jungkook ~ Hey, did Jangmi invite you to her party?

Barbara ~ Hey :) Yeah, are you going?

Jungkook ~ Of course! I was wondering if you wanted to go with me? I can pick you up.

Barbara ~ Sure, come by mine around 5:30pm? 

Jungkook ~ Yay! See you then :)

I giggle to myself at his response, he's so cute. Jungkook has been really supportive since Tae left me. We've spoken everyday and we've developed a really close bond, he comes over sometimes to watch movies and to keep me company. He always makes me laugh and it makes me forget about Tae for a while. 

It's going to be hard at this party, knowing I'll see him. But I need to focus and stay strong, and remind myself that I'm a tough bitch. "Don't even look in his direction, Barbara. You got this." I mutter to myself.

I check the time on my phone. Shit! 3:30pm. I only have 2 hours. I jump up from my bed and run into the bathroom, getting in the shower as I start to get ready. 

I decide to wear a navy blue, short sleeve dress that stops mid-thigh, accessorised with a silver bracelet and diamond stud earrings, finishing the look off with black satin heels

I decide to wear a navy blue, short sleeve dress that stops mid-thigh, accessorised with a silver bracelet and diamond stud earrings, finishing the look off with black satin heels. I have my hair loosely tousled resting over my shoulder, and casual makeup with a red lip. 

As I'm finishing the final touches, I hear the buzzer. "Oh, that must be Kookie." I mutter to myself, before rushing to the intercom. 

"Hello?" I answer. 

"Hey! It's me." I hear Jungkook's voice on the receiver, making me smile automatically. 

"Come up!" I respond, before pressing the button to let him in and unlocking the apartment door.