T W E L V E

"I love you too." He whispers.

My eyes widen at the shock. Did he just say he loves me?

"What?" I say looking up at him.

He flashes a gummy smile at me. "Did you think I didn't hear you last time?" He asks playfully.

"I heard you, jagi." He says. "And I love you too." He adds, reaching down to place a soft kiss on my lips.

"Why didn't you say it then? Why 3 months later?" I ask.

"Well, I didn't know how I felt then. I wasn't 100% sure." He says.

I glare at him, feeling slightly offended. He notices my reaction.

"But! I knew I felt something strong for you. Don't get it wrong, I just wasn't 100% sure if it was love. I was probably 80% there." He says quickly saving himself.

"I've never been in love before, I don't know how it feels. So I didn't understand my feelings. I still don't. But I know that I love you. I understand how strong my feelings are for you. I've never felt this way for anyone." He says.

"I'm the same. I thought I was in love once, but I didn't realise how toxic it was. I fell deep into a hole I struggled to get out of. The only person who helped pull me out was Hyerin." I say

"You didn't tell me about this." He says with concern in his voice.

"What happened?" He asks.

I let out a long sigh.

"I was in a relationship for about 3 years, we met in the first year of high school. We started off as friends and eventually got together a couple years later. I fell for him really quickly and really deep. At least I thought I did." I say.

"But because I was blinded by this "love" I didn't notice any of his toxic traits. He was very controlling. He didn't let me go anywhere without him, he didn't let me have male friends. He was even jealous of male relatives, like cousins." I continued.

"And because I thought that he was the most amazing person in the world, I foolishly obeyed him. I did everything he told me to do, I let him control me like a puppet."

"This went on for 3 years. I became a completely different person... He also had these... weird kinks." I said trailing off.

"I don't want to go too much into detail but he forced me to act out these kinks he had, and I wasn't comfortable with it. I wasn't into it. But I did it to please him. I thought it'd make him love me."

"He would also comment on my looks a lot, judging me. He'd often point out if I gained weight and tell me I look disgusting. That he didn't want to touch me or look at me."

Yoongi's grip around me tightens. He doesn't say anything to me, he just listens.

"And that really affected me. I became really insecure, and I developed an eating disorder that went on for 2 years. I developed a lot of health issues." I say.

"And I-" I'm about to continue my story until Yoongi interrupts me.

"Did he ever hit you?" He asks in a cold tone.

There's a long pause.

"Yes."

I'm trying to hold back my tears. I didn't realise how much it still affected me. This is the first time I'd spoken about it since it all happened.

"But it wasn't an everyday thing. He hit me maybe 5 times throughout the whole relationship." I say.

"Jangmi, I don't care if he hit you once or a hundred times. He hit you, there is no justifying that. He should never have put his hands on you." He says.

"I'd kill him." He says in a clearly angry tone.

"Yoongi... I haven't seen or spoken to him in 2 years. He's gone out of my life completely. I rarely think about him or the dark past." I say, reassuring him.

"I am me again. I love food, I'm happy, I'm not monitoring my weight, I'm not insecure. I'm happy with the way I look. Hyerin really helped me. She pulled me out of it and got me away from him. There's nothing to worry about." I say.

"And I met you. You make me feel so beautiful, you make me feel worth something, like I matter. You make me feel like I can take on the world and do anything. You make me feel powerful." I continue.

"But most importantly; you make me feel happy. You make me feel loved. And that is why I love you." I say, looking up at him with a smile.

"I'm so inspired by you, Yoongi. I watch you in amazement, in complete awe. I look at you and I feel proud that you're mine, because you are honestly the most wonderful person I have ever known. Behind my sister of course." I say with a smirk.

He's been looking dead straight at the wall this entire time. I run my hand on his bicep, feeling how tense he is. He's really angry.

I reach up and cup his cheek with my hand, pulling his face gently to look at me.

"Yoongi, I'm fine. Everything is fine. It's all in the past. I'll never see him or talk to him again. He's gone. I promise." I say. His eyes move to meet mine, and I instantly feel him start to relax.

"I'm sorry... I just... I can't even begin to imagine someone hurting you." He says.

He sighs, turning his head to look at the clock.

"Come on, let's go out. I'm hungry." He says excitedly, jumping out of bed.

"What? We'll be spotted." I say.

"So? We can just say you're my cousin or something." He says.

I raise my eyebrow at him. He smiles and walks over to me on my side of the bed.

His lips curl up into a smirk before leaning down close to my face.

"A cousin I'm fucking." He says quietly, before quickly giving me a peck on the cheek.

"YAHHH!" I shout, throwing a pillow at him.

He lets out a laugh whilst walking to the bathroom. "Come on!" He shouts.

"Aiisshhhh" I hiss, getting out of bed to find my phone amongst the pile of clothes.

"Fine. I can't say no to food." I say with a huff. "But you're paying!" I yell.

He pokes his head out of the bathroom door, giving me a quizzical look.

"Are you coming?" He asks.

"Coming where? What?" I ask confused.

"In the shower."