Chapter Seventeen

WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO WITNESS ARE FOUR TWISTED TALES CONNECTED TO THE TRAGIC AND MACABRE EVENTS THAT BEFELL THE TOWN OF RIVERDALE. KNOWN AS THE BLACK HOOD MURDERS, THEY WERE ALL THE MORE TRAGIC BECAUSE THOSE WHO BORE WITNESS TO THESE TERRIBLE THINGS WERE SO YOUNG. A SEEMINGLY RANDOM SHOOTING QUICKLY REVEALED ITSELF TO BE THE FIRST IN A SERIES OF GRUESOME ATTACKS PERPETRATED BY A HOODED ASSAILENT. THESE LATEST CHAPTERS BEGAN WITH THE DISCOVERY OF A LETTER FROM THE BLACK HOOD AFFIXED TO THE DOOR OF POP TATE'S CHOCK'LIT SHOPPE.

**********

"People of Riverdale, I have rid this town of the drug dealing child killer and others like him. Now you must choose your fate. The next 48 hours will be a test and I will be watching you very closely. Show me you are pure of heart, and my work ends. Continue to sin and I will take up the sword again."

Caia dropped the paper onto the table as she finished reading it. "This is crazy," she exclaimed. "I feel like I'm in the middle of some psycho horror movie."

Reggie shrugged. "I mean, it's entirely possible. Small forgotten town, murderous serial killer on the loose. Just don't go in the room, Caia, don't do it." Caia couldn't help but crack a smile at her boyfriend's jokes. Her small chuckle caused Reggie to smile.

Reggie finished laughing, and reached across the table, taking Caia's hand in his. "Uh, so I was thinking," he began. "It's supposed to be really nice this weekend. Maybe we could take our bikes and go riding around this cute little trail I found in Greendale?"

Caia bit her lip. "Oh, Reggie, I would, but I don't have a bike," she explained. "Um, also, I don't really know how to ride a bike." Reggie widened his eyes.

"You don't know how to ride a bike?" He exclaimed. Caia nodded, ashamed. He smiled. "Just another reason to go."

Caia looked up at him, confusion laced in her eyes. "Why? I already said, I can't ride a bike."

Reggie smirked. "That's why I'm going to teach you."

Caia shook her head, smiling at Reggie's plans. "Whatever, Reg." She glanced at the clock behind Reggie's head. "Oh, we better go or we'll be late," she exclaimed. She grabbed her backpack from the floor and started towards the door. Reggie grabbed his keys off the counter and followed his girlfriend towards his car.

*

Caia entered the school and said her goodbyes to Reggie. She then turned and ran to catch up with Betty, Veronica, and Kevin. "Hey," she greeted, slightly breathless.

Veronica raised her eyes at the girl. "Why are you so out of breath?" She questioned.

"Reggie almost made me late for school, and then I had to run to catch up with you guys. On a side note, do you guys know how fast you walk?" Caia explained.

Betty smirked. "Reggie, huh? And what were you doing there so early in the morning?" She quizzed.

Caia punched the blonde on the shoulder. "Oh, hush, Betty. It was strictly P.G. I promise." She glanced at Kevin who, unlike himself, had not said anything to join in the gossip. "Hey, Kev, are you okay?"

He sighed and slowly shook his head. "You guys, I'm worried about my dad," he admitted. "This town is turning on him. He's trying his best under these crazy circumstances , but this Black Hood stuff is really getting to him."