Chapter Fourty-One

After a long night of writing out choreography, Caia was dead tired at rehearsal the next day. She had her script and a thermos of coffee in front of her as she sat in between Fangs and Kevin in the audience. On stage, the cast was running, 'Do Me a Favor.'

🎶 Tommy, lately, I've just not been feeling right. I'm so ashamed of how we've all been treating Carrie White. 🎶

Blue light flooded Betty and Archie as Betty sang the song. Archie leaned towards Betty as her character revealed her inner thoughts.

🎶 Now I realize this hardly your concern, and I hate to drag you into this, but I've got no where else to turn. Do me a favor? 🎶

Betty put her hand over Archie's as the lights switched and bathed Veronica and Chuck in yellow lights. Veronica sat up from a picnic table, holding a fake beer bottle in her hand.

🎶 That's something that Carrie White will just have learn. If she plays with fire, she's gonna get burned. I want her to pay up for all that she cost me, and make her good and sorry that she ever crossed me 🎶

Betty and Veronica made their way to the center of the stage as their lyrics overlapped.

🎶 You gotta help me

If you help me

I could even up this debt. And we could both give Carrie White a night she won't forget.

Do me a favor. 🎶

Betty crosses the stage to Archie, and grabbed his hand, pulling him to his feet.

🎶 Think of Carrie, I've said everything I could! But one small act of kindness might change Carrie's life for good 🎶

Both the boys followed the girls to the middle of the stage. Caia ran her hand over her face as she saw Archie's dancing. It was less than ideal. He said his line of 'fine' and the dance continued.

🎶 C'mon, c'mon. 🎶

The girls harmonized, swinging their hips and beckoning for the boys. Taking this opportunity, the boys jumped closer.

🎶 Okay, okay, okay. 🎶

From this moment on, Caia stopped paying attention to the lyrics as her attention was focused solely on her choreography. It was overall mostly good, there being only a few moments where she cringed.

🎶 If you really love me, well then, baby, baby, please. Do me a favor. 🎶

The music ended and the lights came up. Caia sat back, knowing this was the time for comments.

"Okay, guys," she began. "Overall, That was good. But good is not great, or exceptional. There is a lot of room for improvement before we perform this," she explained. She grabbed her notebook, where she had written notes. "Now, personal notes." She cleared her throat and began to read off the comments. "Archie. Sweetie, we all know you can't dance, but could you at least make it look like you're trying?" Archie grimaced but nodded in agreeement nonetheless. "Veronica, you're doing great, but I want more sass. As much as you can give me. Betty, great, just be a bit louder." She turned her gaze to Chuck. "Chuck, you're doing all the right movements, but I'm just not feeling anything from you. I need me emotion." Caia closed her notebook. "That's all. Take five."

She turned to Fangs, who had picked up her thermos and was bringing it to his lips. Caia's eyes widened. "No, Fangs, don't-"