Chapter Thirty

"Stop fussing, you look beautiful," Reggie whined, wrapping his arms around Caia from the back and resting his head into the crook of her neck.

Caia smoothed out the skirt of her dress. It was a baby blue long sleeve dress with a pleated skirt that ended just below her knee. She hoped it was, as Veronica put it, Catholic chic enough.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Caia fretted.

Reggie nodded. "Yes, Caia. It's looks great on you. Well, actually, anything looks great on you," he complimented, smirking. He turned his face into Caia's neck and began pressing soft kisses onto her skin. Caia giggled at the feeling.

She playfully shoved Reggie away. "Stop it, you big heartbreaker. We're gonna be late if we don't leave soon!"

Reggie straightened his tie, that matched Caia's dress. "I'm not the one who took twelve years to get ready."

Caia rolled her eyes. She picked up Reggie's keys and threw them to him. "Let's just go, stupid head."

"Whatever you say, ma chérie."

*

Caia and Reggie sat next to each other in the hard back pew as Josie stood up front singing a song. Caia wouldn't deny that it was pretty, but frankly she was very bored. She had taken to following the intricate patterns of the stained glass window.

Suddenly, Caia heard Veronica's voice float from the asile. She turned to see the girl, donned in a beautiful white dress, walking down the aisle like a bride. Caia found it kind of tacky that she was singing at her own confirmation, but of course she couldn't say that.

Caia found it a little hard to follow the proceedings, considering she wasn't catholic. The priest gave Veronica some kind of flat bread, traced a line on her forehead, and then read vows to her as he grandmother stood by her side. Caia was a little dissapointed. She was hoping this would be more exciting.

The actual ceremony may have been boring, but the after party certainly wasn't. There was music blasting as Champaign was popped and throngs of people milled around.

Veronica popped by to say hi to Reggie and Caia before making her way towards Archie. Betty and Jughead also stopped by to tell her that they had gotten a tip about Pickens head. They offered her an invitation to come, but she declined. She had decided she wanted to spend the night with Reggie, not off doing investigation work.

Caia and Reggie held off the dance floor until a slow song came one. Reggie offered his hand and pulled Caia onto the dance floor.

As they danced, Caia couldn't help but feel that this was where she was meant to be. It sounded cheesy, sure, but she surely felt it.

Reggie's arms were warm and she could feel his heartbeat when she laid her head on his chest. It was a steady rhythm, comfortable and sound. She was sure she loved him.

Suddenly, Caia's phone rang. She back away from Reggie and fished it out of her clutch. She pressed the answer button and brought the phone to her ear.

"Get to the Whyte Wyrm right now," Jughead commanded. "Tallboy stole the head."

Caia's mouth fell open. "Wait, what?" She questioned. "How do you know?"

"Some dumpster overseer saw him dump it off. We're confronting him right now," Jughead explained.

Caia nodded. "Okay, I'll be there." She ended the call and shoved her phone back in the clutch.

"Everything okay?" Reggie inquired.

Caia nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I just have to go. Sorry to cut our night short, Reg." She started towards the door. "I'll come over later tonight, okay?"