o n e || the beginning of a new era

Present
October 25th, 2018
Thursday morning
10.23 A.M.
Malik-Payne Penthouse
NYC, Manhattan, New York

"Are- are you sure about this?" The brunet asked, his heart rapidly beating in his chest. He looked over at his husband of four years, his teeth nervously gnawing at his bottom lip. The two had been sitting in the bed for the past hour after they woke up. Since yesterday, the two have been planning a special surprise for their fans. Both didn't know how it was going to end, but they still decided to go through with it. Until now. The younger latter was having doubts and wasn't sure if he could go through with it.

"I'm sure, Jaan." The dark haired latter assured the younger boy, cupping his cheeks gently with a soft smile plastered on his lips. "It's time." He declared and motioned for him to proceed with the post.

The twenty-five year old hesitated once he looked back at his phone, still contemplating whether or not he should do it. It was a huge step – specifically for the both of them. Their entire careers depended on it and if this wasn't going to end well, shit will be going down.

"Liam," the dark haired man grabbed his chin and turned his head so they could gaze into each other's eyes, "I love you. Whatever happens, happens. At least we'll finally be free and away from the PR stunts." He said with the softest voice, his hazel eyes having nothing but love and admiration for the brunet. Liam's heart began to flutter as those three little words left his lover's lips, his body leaning forward to connect their lips in a tender kiss, letting his phone fall on the beige, silk duvet beside them.

His husband returned it without any signs of hesitation, their lips moving in perfect sync. His hand wandered behind his neck, pulling him closer which caused them both to fall back onto the soft bed. They did not once break the kiss. Instead, Liam could manage to slip his tongue into the twenty-five year old's warm mouth.

"I love you more, Zayn." Liam murmured against his tender lips, climbing between his legs as the kiss began to get more heated. A soft moan escaped the shorter guy, his hands desperately gripping at the younger lad's messy hair.

The married couple had completely forgotten about the post, too busy making out. But it was Zayn who pulled away, deciding enough was enough. "Come on." He gave his husband a encouraging smile. "Let's show the world who we really are." He whispered softly, pecking Liam's lips one last time before grabbing the phone from beside their bodies and handing it to his lover.

Liam nodded his head and licked his lips before sitting up straight. Zayn followed afterwards, watching the brunet as he used his thumb to press share, both of their hearts jumping in their chests once the deed was done.

The dark haired latter immediately snatched the phone from his partner's hands and stared at the screen, watching the notifications getting blown by likes and comments of their fans freaking out.

liampayne ...

liked by harrystyles, jonasblue and 1.657.890 others
liampayne dear fans,
first of all I just want to say, that I love you all dearly with my entire heart. You all have been amazing these past 8 years and I can't thank you enough for the support and love you have shown and given me. I've always told myself I could never lie to you, but things didn't turn out the way I had imagined when I auditioned for the X-Factor again back in 2010.
This journey brought me somewhere I never pictured myself being. Throughout the first two years of One Direction, I fell in love with a very close bandmate of mine. You all know him. @zayn has stolen my heart. We've been a couple for more than six years now and are even married for four. Things haven't been easy, especially with management being down our throats. It took us a while till we had the courage to do this and today was finally the day to do so. We love you all and thank you for your support and belief in our relationship. You guys will forever be a part in our lives that we won't forget. Thank you and always remember, love is love❤️🏳️‍🌈
View all 1.345.902 comments
louist91 it's about damn time
ziampalik2010 WHAT THE FUCK
ziamspolaroid I FUCKING KNEW ITSHSJEJJSD HOLY SHIT I'M CRYING
3 MINUTES AGO

Zayn and Liam looked at each other. Both of them were shocked at the responses they were receiving. Neither of them had expected to see so much positivity and support. Of course, there were a few homophobic ones and some so called "fans" saying they were unstanning them, but they were blended out by all the positive comments from their shippers and even none shippers, as well as other celebrities sending them their love and congratulating them.

It brought tears to Zayn's eyes knowing how much their fans loved them and he tried not to cry, but failed miserably. Liam immediately pulled the older guy into his arms and kissed his head, a big fat smile on his face. "We did it." He said, his heart still beating fast in his chest. "We fucking did it." He repeated, feeling his lover's head move up.

He looked down, their eyes meeting once again. "We did." Zayn whispered and cupped Liam's face. "We did!" He squealed loudly and tackled him onto the bed, showering his husband with endless kisses. Liam's phone dropped on the floor, yet they both weren't aware of it. They ended up kissing, celebrating their successful coming out as more and more people blew up the notifications after they brought the news out to the world.

Whilst they were busy, Liam's phone started ringing, their management trying to reach out for them once they have seen what they did. They ignored it, fading out the sound as they made out on the bed. They didn't care anymore. All they knew was that they were free; they were finally able to express themselves and show off their true colors instead of hiding behind the shadows of lies and shadiness. Finally, things were going to go their way. And whatever management had to say to them, nothing was going to change any of their plans. They could go out in public together, kiss in public, hold hands in public and all the lies and rumors would be gone – like they never even existed.

Because finally, they could be who they are while everyone's watching.

****

New story!! I've been thinking about this plot for a while now and well, here you are. I hope you guys enjoy it😝