t w o || damage control

2 hours later
Thursday afternoon
12.39 P.M.
RCA Corporate

"Are you two insane!?" Simon yelled at the couple, causing the two lads to flinch at his aggressive voice. The older man glared at them, the anger visible on his face and evident through his body language. There was even a vein popping from the side of his neck, looking as if it was ready to explode. After Zayn and Liam were done celebrating their success together, they answered the missed calls and text messages from their managements. Immediately, without even getting the chance to utter a word, they were demanded to meet up with Simon who was already impatiently waiting for them to respond after what had happened. It was clear that he was very unhappy about the situation.

"Simon, we–" Liam tried to talk, until he was interrupted by the powerful man.

"Don't, Liam." He said, holding his hand up to silence him. The brunet pursed his lip, squeezing his husband's hand. "Do you realize what you two have just done?" He asked in a calm voice, but still breathed heavily, his nostrils flaring as he tried to keep himself from yelling.

"We know, but–"

"No buts!" Simon spat at the dark haired latter, Zayn also pursing his lips, a small frown forming on them.

"You two have ruined everything. Do you hear me? Everything!" The middle aged man yelled. "We had a deal. You signed a fucking contract! I could sue the both of you for every last penny." He threatened, looking at the two men sitting before him, silently watching him go on a rant due to their action.

"Do you even understand the struggle we've been through?" Liam suddenly questioned, staring at the millionaire. "We just finally wanted to be free."

"Free?" Simon snorted. "Oh no," he shook his head, "you two are not free. Just because you came out, doesn't mean I'm finished with the both of you. You're still going to play under my fucking rules until this contract ends. I don't care whether the both of you are out, we're still going to decide everything."

"You can't–"

"Oh, but I can." Simon chuckled cynically, crossing his arms over his chest. "You may proceed with your every day life. Hell, you're able to do whatever the fuck you want from now on. But remember, you're still under my rules. So if I have an idea, you will go through with it." His lips curled into a sinister smirk, the married couple exchanging looks.

They didn't say a word. Instead, they silently nodded their heads, deeply knowing they didn't have a say with it. Despite the two didn't agree with any of it, there wasn't much they could do about it. They were still under a contract so they had to do what they were told. Simon dismissed them seconds later, the couple finally walking out of the office.

"I can't believe he's doing this to us." Zayn angrily muttered, trying hard to keep his cool. "What did we fucking do to deserve this!?" He yelled at the closed doors as they walked down the hallway, glaring at them.

"Zayn," Liam sighed and pulled the slightly shorter bloke against his body, the dark haired man trying to resist it since he was mad. Yet it was no use. He relaxed in his husband's arms and started crying out of pure anger, frustration and pain. "I know baby." The brunet murmured, kissing the top of his head as he let his partner weep in his arms, letting everything out that he had bottled up inside.

He ignored the looks they were receiving from the businessmen and women walking by and only focused on Zayn, feeling bad. He knew this affected him the most – especially since he was the one to receive most of Simon's bullshit. Ever since their careers started, Liam had always had the urge to punch the old man or just in generally beat him for the way he treated them over the years, but if he did that, he knew he'd end up in prison for a long time. Simon was too powerful to go against, no matter what you did. It was no use. He had everyone under his sleeve which was why it had been so hard for them to go against him.

"Hey, baby." Liam said as the older guy pulled away, sniffling and wiping his eyes.

"What?" Zayn responded, a sad pout on his lips.

"We can do this, okay?" Liam lifted his lover's chin, giving him a reassuring smile. "We always get through this." He caressed his high cheekbone with the pad of his thumb, admiring his husband's beautiful features.

Zayn nodded, wrapping his arms around Liam's waist and holding onto him tightly. It was like he feared he was going to fade away, not wanting to let him go once. When it came to moments like these, Zayn would often just cling onto him, afraid that the twenty-four year old might leave him alone forever. But that was never going to happen.

The couple exited the building after walking downstairs to the underground parking garage. They decided to drive home, getting something to eat along the way. They encountered a lot of fans at the fast food restaurant, having a short chat and signing some things for them before being back on their way.

The car had been silent the entire time, the only sound being the quiet music coming from the radio. Liam had his eyes fixated on the road whilst Zayn sat beside him with the bags sitting on his lap. He was staring out the window, watching every building pass by as his husband drove.

Once stopping at a stoplight, the brunet turned his gaze to look at him, sighing softly. He grabbed his partner's tattooed hand and pressed a gentle kiss to his knuckles, finally making Zayn look back at him.

"What's on your mind, jaan?" Liam questioned with a soft voice, soon continuing the drive after the light was green.

"Everything." Zayn replied honestly after a few minutes, his gaze moving ahead to stare at the busy road. "I wonder what life would've been if we were never famous..." He trailed thoughtfully.

"What do you mean?" Liam chuckled, furrowing his brows confused.

"I mean, I wonder what life would've been like if we didn't become as famous as we are now. Would we have been complete strangers to each other and just have different lives? Or would we have somehow remet in some kind of future?"

Liam smiled softly at that. "Baby, there's a reason why all of this happened." He started and slowly interlocked their fingers. "There's a reason why we found each other and went through all this. I don't know what the reason is exactly, but even if this never had happened, you're still my soulmate. And whatever life, whatever year we would've met as none famous people, we'd still be destined to be together. I mean look at us. We met ten years ago, almost eleven, and we remet two years later. Of course there was some kind of plan for us. Because we spent the last eight years stuck together through thick and thin." He explained and glanced at his lover, who stared at him with his big, doe eyes.

Zayn was ready to kiss Liam, yet he knew he had to wait since they were still driving. Luckily they weren't far from their home, the dark haired beauty impatiently waiting till they got back to the building.

As soon as they pulled into the private parking garage and Liam parked at their usual spot, he was taken back when zayn unbuckled himself and climbed on top of him, capturing his lips in a daring kiss. The brunet responded to it almost instantly, his arms wrapping around his waist and moving his lips against his.

"I love you so much." Zayn muttered between kisses, his arms being around the younger lad's neck.

Liam hummed. "I love you more." He smiled and giggled when the Bradford man kissed all over his face once again, showering him with love and affection.

He loved it. It was always a great feeling knowing how much Zayn loved showing his love for Liam, it made him feel wholesome. Plus, he never felt lonely despite them not seeing each other much due to their busy schedules. Luckily for them, they still had the entire weekend left together.