f i v e || promise? promise.

Two days later
October 28th, 2018
Sunday morning
8.04 A.M.
Malik-Payne Penthouse

The married couple were silently laying in bed, their sheets covering their naked bodies. Zayn was tracing Liam's chest with his fingertips, his head resting on top of his shoulder as he admired how chiseled it was. Liam was playing with Zayn's hair, twirling a strand around his fingers and smiling softly to himself as the two laid there, enjoying each other's company before the brunet had to leave.

"I've been thinking," Zayn started, breaking the silence. Liam responded with a hum, giving him all of his attention, "what if we adopt a baby?" He suggested out of the blue, moving his eyes up to meet Liam's warm orbs.

"A baby?" Liam questioned, a little taken back by the sudden topic.

"Yeah." The dark haired latter slowly rose up from his laying position, looking down at his husband. "We're both reaching the age of thirty soon and the contract will be ending soon too. We could maybe settle down now and start a family, just how we always wanted..." he trailed off, biting his lip.

"Yeah but," Liam sat up, sighing, "are you- are we ready for a kid yet? We're both still working on our albums and our schedules– it's a huge responsibility baby."

"I think we're ready to take that challenge." He wrapped his arms around the brunet's neck and gently ran his fingers through his messy curls. "It's going to take a while anyways to officially adopt, but I would love nothing more than to have a little kid running around the house and making our days even brighter than they already are." Zayn whispered softly as he leaned in, pecking his partner's lips.

Liam couldn't help but have a smile on his lips when he heard that. "You really think we can make this work?" He asked, tilting his head a little as they pulled away.

"We went through hell already. How hard could it be raising a kid?"

"Uh... hard?" Liam snorted. "Haven't you listened to a word Ruth said about our nephew? And he's only a few months old."

Zayn rolled his eyes fondly. "Yeah, well, we can make it happen. Clearly we're great uncles. We can be even better dads." He grinned and giggled, his eyes crinkling in the cutest way. Liam adored his smile and laugh. The way his nose would scrunch up, his pearly white teeth expose and the tip of his tongue press against the back of his teeth. It was a beautiful sight and he could never grow tired of seeing it. Never.

"Alright." Liam said, finally convinced. "Let's adopt a baby." He announced, releasing a grunt when Zayn tackled him down on the bed in a tight hug whilst squealing loudly in his ear. The younger latter laughed at that and hugged his lover, kissing his cheek. It was about time they finally started their dream family. They have been planning this for years, even before they got married and now that the world knew that they were together and happier than ever, they could bring a little kid into their crazy little world.

"Oh my god, I have to call my mom! She's going to be so excited!" Zayn squeaked excitingly and jumped from the bed, slipping into a pair of boxers while grabbing his phone and rushing out of the room to tell his mother about the good news. Liam chuckled softly and shook his head at that, smiling to himself.

3 hours later
11.49 A.M.
John F. Kennedy International Airport

"Do you really have to go?" Zayn pouted as Liam and him stood in front of the building, looking up at him with big eyes. After spending the last three hours having breakfast, cuddling and the last round of sex, the two of them drove to the airport with Liam's bodyguard, Paddy. The older man didn't want his partner to leave yet, always hating it when they had to say goodbye to each other.

"I do baby." Liam rubbed Zayn's shoulders, chuckling fondly at the adorable look on his face. "You know how this goes." He told him, placing a hand on his cheek and gently caressing it.

The dark haired bloke frowned, but leaned his head into his husband's touch, closing his eyes. "I promise you, I'll text you every hour. Okay?" The brunet suggest, making Zayn reopen his eyes to look up at him.

"Promise?" The dark haired beauty gave him his best puppy dog eyes.

"Promise." Liam responded with a nod.

Zayn's lips curled into a tiny smile and he moved up, pressing their lips together one last time. Liam wrapped his arms around his neck as Zayn slung his arms around his waist, gripping at the leather jacket he was wearing today. "Don't miss me too much." Liam mumbled against his lips with a grin, only to earn a slap on his back from the Bradford male.

The two didn't pull away until Paddy informed them that the flight was leaving soon. Zayn pecked Liam's lips a few times, the couple murmuring how much they loved each other before officially parting again.

Zayn watched as Liam picked his bag up, not once letting go of his hand until the brunet started moving towards the doors. They let go seconds later, his husband turning around to give him a smile and wave as he entered the busy airport.

The dark haired latter sighed and thanked Paddy for giving him the keys to the car. "Take care of him please." He told him with a certain look, the older man chuckling.

"I always do, Payne. Don't worry." Paddy winked and grabbed his own bags, quickly following after Liam.

Zayn smiled and shook his head at that, getting into the driver's side of the car. Just before he was about to pull out, his phone notified him that he received a message, making his eyes drift down to the lightened up screen. His heart fluttered as soon as he noticed it was a message from Liam and he grabbed it, unlocking it to reply.

Jaan❤️
Today 11:53 AM

I already miss you xoxo

Zayn rolled his eyes, but grinned like a school girl having a crush.

I miss you more baby, have a safe trip and call me when you land❤️
Delivered

💬

As Liam typed, Zayn decided to finally drive back home, keeping his eyes on the road. It was only when his phone vibrated in the cupholder that he took a quick glance at the reply, his smile only growing.

12:01
Sunday, 28. October

iMESSAGES
Jaan❤️ now
I will babe. I love you❤️