t h i r t y - f i v e || I missed you so much

20 minutes later...
2.45 P.M.
Bellevue Hospital Center

Zayn rushed into the hospital, bolting down the busy hall. He managed to get Paddy to babysit the girls as he got ready to leave. As soon as the bodyguard arrived, Zayn was gone. It was like a switch had been flipped as he ran down the stairs and onto the streets of New York. He grabbed a cab and was driven to the hospital. After paying, he just went inside without even getting his change. He couldn't careless. All he wanted was to see his husband again and now there he was.

Once he reached Liam's room, he froze up. His eyes were locked on the numbers. His heart felt heavy in his chest, his breathing uneven and his mind was spinning. He was about to see his husband, awake, after two months. All he could think of was finally holding him in his arms again and being able to kiss him.

Come on Zayn, he thought, inhaling a deep breath. He grabbed the door handle and pushed it down, opening the door. He walked into the gift decorative hospital room and stopped mid track when he spotted Liam sitting up on the bed, talking with the nurse whilst having that gorgeous smile on his lips that he missed seeing every day. Zayn could feel his eyes water again.

He didn't realize both of them were staring until the nurse told Liam that she was going to give them a private moment. She left with a gin on her lips and once the doors closed, the dark haired latter immediately headed to the bed.

"Hi ba–" Liam was cut off when Zayn grabbed his face and smashed their lips together. He was a little taken back by it but didn't hesitate with returning the kiss. He snuck his arms around his husband's waist and pulled him closer, kissing him softly and lovingly. It felt like the two hadn't kissed each other in ages. It felt like the first time they kissed, both of them having butterflies swarming in their stomachs, tingles were shooting through their bodies and fireworks were going off everywhere. Zayn was still crying, murmuring how much he missed him between the kisses and holding Liam as close as possible against him. It was a heartwarming moment between them.

They pulled away once they needed some air, their foreheads resting on one another's. Tears were still rolling down Zayn's sun-kissed cheeks as their hands intertwined. "I missed you so much." He sniffled, closing his eyes to calm down.

"I know, baby." Liam whispered with a smile on his lips, reaching a hand up to wipe away the tears with the pad of his thumb. "I missed you too." He added, gazing into his glassy eyes.

Zayn smiled through the tears and lied down, resting his head on top of his chest. He listened to his lover's heartbeat, inhaling a shaky breath. He was glad his husband was finally awake again.

1 hour later
4.09 P.M.

"Alright, Mister Payne," the doctor hummed with a smile, looking down at the notes, "all we need to do are a few more blood samples and then you are ready to go back home to your family. Everything has healed over the last few weeks. But you do need to rest a little more before you go back to work." He told him and looked at the couple.

Zayn was already packing Liam's things, making sure they had everything. The nurse was taking a few more blood samples for the tests they had to make before he could finally go back home.

"Thank you." The brunet smiled at that and watched the nurse use the syringe to take some of his blood. He turned his head to glance at his husband, chuckling lowly at how excited the dark haired latter was.

"I'll get the sign-out papers ready and our next appointment is in two weeks." Doctor Williams told him before saying his goodbyes and leaving. It only took a few more minutes until the nurse was done with the samples and left as well, leaving the couple alone.

Liam slowly got up from the bed and walked over to Zayn who paced back and forth between the bag and the closet. The younger man couldn't help but chuckle. He wrapped his arms around him from behind, kissing his neck.

"Mm Liam," Zayn giggled, leaning against his touch, "the faster we get the done, the quicker we can go home so stop distracting- oh." He released a sudden moan when Liam sucked at his skin, his hands gripping at his husband's arm. It has been a while since the last time he was touched by him.

"Still beautiful." Liam whispered into his ear, moving his lips up to kiss a spot underneath his lobe.

Zayn shivered under his touch, his bottom lip sucked between his teeth.

"We really need to get this- ugh, baby."

Liam chuckled and pulled away. "Sorry." He grinned, kissing his cheek and helping him finish pack. Zayn smiled and watched him, sighing happily in content. He then realized what happened earlier and his heart dropped. He frowned and rubbed at his jaw, trying to get rid of the thought.

He forced a smile when Liam looked back at him. He took another deep breath and cleared his throat, grabbing his hand as soon as they were ready to leave.