t w e n t y - o n e || when we fought

Past
August 11th, 2013
Saturday evening
8.12 P.M.
Mandarin Oriental
NYC, Manhattan, New York

Liam was impatiently pacing back and forth in the living room as he waited for his boyfriend to come back to the hotel. He was raging once he saw the news. He couldn't believe this was actually happening. He tried to keep himself calm, but it wasn't really working. His mind was racing, his heart felt like it was about to explode and he could feel his muscle tense up just at the thought of the entire situation. It sickened him to be completely honest. He hated it.

His train of thoughts were interrupted when he heard the front door being unlocked. Zayn's voice sounded through the suite as he called out for Liam, the brunet crossing his arms over his chest and impatiently tapping his foot against the floor as he waited in the lounging area.

The dark haired beauty appeared by the doorway and judging by the way he just checked Liam out, he knew what was going to come at him. "Baby," He started, "I can explain." He slowly walked up to him, but Liam refused to let him even go near him.

"Explain? Explain what? That you're engaged to Perrie without letting me even know?" Liam scoffed angrily, glaring at his boyfriend. "What the actual fuck, Zayn?!"

"Management called me up a few days ago and told me their plan to give Little Mix more promo other than us just being girlfriend and boyfriend." Zayn sighed, taking off his leather coat. "I wasn't up for it but they forced me into doing this mess. I didn't tell you because I didn't want this," he motioned his hands at Liam, "to happen..."

"And you thought me finding out over the news would be any better?!" The Wolverhampton lad raised his voice, making it clear that he was upset with his boyfriend.

"I'm sorry..."

"Sorry isn't going to fucking cut it, Zayn." Liam remarked dryly and shook his head. "I can't fucking believe I had to find out over the news that you got engaged." He emphasized the word news, his head shaking erratically. He was disappointed in him. Usually, they'd always tell each other everything, including the plans management had for them.

"Well since we're keeping secrets now, I guess I don't have to tell you shit no more." He spat bitterly, walking passed Zayn and grabbing his own coat.

"Babe..." the older man tried to stop him, but Liam yanked his hand away from Zayn's, looking at him with a sinister gaze.

"Don't touch me and don't think about calling me." With that, Liam left the hotel room, slamming the door behind him shut. He released a heavy sigh once he was in the large hallway, frustratingly rubbing at his face. He held back the tears before making his way towards the elevator, exhaling a shaky breath.

He never thought their relationship would be this hard to handle. All he wanted to do was be out in the open already, but due to a contract they signed and specific CEO twats holding them back, all they could do was stay quiet and pretend to be straight. Liam couldn't deal with it. He hated the entire situation they were trapped in. It felt like they had no freedom at all. They were controlled like puppets. The puppeteer, obviously, being Simon Cowell.

He loved Zayn very much. Despite all the shit they were going through, he just wished one day him and Zayn would be free from this mess and wouldn't have to deal with this anymore. He just prayed it would happen soon.

The brunet stepped into the elevator, wiping away a tear that rolled down his cheek before pressing the button to the lobby, sniffling. He leaned his back against the wall, closing his eyes and listening to the annoying elevator jingle as the small lift began to move.