t w e n t y - n i n e || I just miss him

A/n : let me start off by saying, I took TTM down because someone flagged the only picture in the story. Let me tell you, I'm fucking mad about it. Whoever did it, i hope y'all are happy because I really lost interest in writing that story now. If people wanna act that sensitive, then fine. Because now I'm scared that my account might get deleted after I worked so HARD on it.

I honestly can't stand this bullshit.

****

4 days later
May 12th, 2019
Sunday morning
10.23 A.M.
Bellevue Hospital Center

zayn ☑️ 🔽
@zaynmalik

Thank you all so much for the love! I really appreciate all of your gifts and support ❤️ and I'm sure Liam would appreciate it as well, thank you xx

10:15 AM • 12.05.2019 • Twitter for iPhone
__________________________
59,9K Retweets 526,4K Likes
__________________________
💬 🔁 ♥️ ⬆️
__________________________

Samantha @ZiamFamily • 5m 🔽

WE LOVE YOU
💬 🔁 ♥️1 ⬆️
__________________________

I love Ziam @ziamismylife • 8m 🔽

I HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL KING PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF❤️
💬 🔁 ♥️3 ⬆️
__________________________

Zayn smiled softly at all the replies he was getting under the tweet. For the past four days, fans have been sending and dropping by gifts for Liam and him. It was the sweetest thing ever, seeing how much they supported them and cared. He really wished Liam was up already to see all of this, but he was sadly still in the coma. He had been passing time by going through the gifts and letters, reading them to Liam. He would do it for hours, reading some tweets and Instagram comments to his husband in hopes he could hear him.

The dark haired latter was finally able to get up out of bed and walk. He was still in pain, but it wasn't as bad as the first day when he woke up after the accident. He was sitting by the window, sketching something to pass the time. He had been up since six A.M., since then, he had busied himself sketching pictures of Liam, or even some of their fans. He had an entire sketchbook filled with sketches of his fans that he was planning on showing to them real soon, wanting to show the same appreciation towards their portrait sketches of him and Liam. He really had a lot of beautiful fans out there.

He hummed softly to himself. He listened to the sound of the car honks coming from the filled streets. The door was open to let some fresh air into the room, the cool spring breeze blowing into the hospital room.

Zayn glanced over at Liam. He tilted his head back against the wall, sighing heavily. He really wished the brunet was awake so they could talk for hours and maybe even cuddle. He missed being in his husband arms, listening to the sound of his steady heart beat.

The twenty-six year old gazed out the window, watching as the cars drove down the busy streets of New York. The trees were blooming perfectly, the wind flowing through them and giving it a soft rustling sound. Pigeons flew through the buildings, one even landing on the flowers by Zayn's window. He admired the bird, watching as it pecked through the soil to look for some food. But as it didn't find anything, it flew off, joining the rest of the lot which were roaming the clear sky.

Zayn released another sigh in content. He looked down at his sketchbook, wondering what else could be missing as he stared at it. He focused on the details, his thick brows narrowing together as he thought long and hard.

Yet before he could do anything, his thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. His head wiped into the direction and he saw the familiar nurse – Samantha – walk into the hospital room, whistling a tune whilst carrying in a tray of food.

"Good Morning, Mister Payne." She greeted him with her famous, cheerful smile, placing the tray onto his table. "Breakfast is ready for you." She told him with a hum and gave him a friendly smile before exiting the room again.

Zayn thanked her before she was out the door and pushed himself off the windowsill, making his way towards the bed. He peaked at the food, grimacing a little as he contemplated in his mind whether to eat it or not.

The food tasted terrible at the hospital. He would often ask Louis or Harry to sneak something proper in for him to eat. Whether it be fast food or homemade, it was definitely better than hospital food.

He grabbed his phone and texted Louis to bring by some food, pushing away his table. He sat back down on his bed after putting his sketching items away, laying himself back down. Yawning, he closed his eyes and decided to fall asleep for an hour or two, growing tired from getting up so early earlier.

3 hours later
Sunday afternoon
1.57 P.M.

Zayn took a big bite out of the burrito, moaning at the delicious taste. "God, this is so good." He mumbled to himself, chewing the bite he had in his mouth.

"We know." Louis responded with an eye roll. "This is the fourth time you've said that after taking a another bite out of it." He chuckled and gently bounced Isabella in his arms, humming.

Harry and Louis came by with the twins after Zayn snoozed off. The couple had decided to stay with the twins until he woke back up again, playing with them on the blanket they put out on the floor. They needed the room to crawl. Zayn woke up about an hour after they came to visit and boy, was he happy to see his daughters again. Before he ate something, he cuddled with the twins, kissing their heads as a warm greeting.

"Any sign of movements yet?" Harry suddenly asked as he looked up from the children's book he was reading to Evelyn, the little girl making a ba noise and tapping her small hand on one of the pictures.

Zayn shook his head. He finished chewing before talking. "No. The doctor said it could take a few weeks until his head has fully recovered." He licked his lips and sighed. Grabbing a napkin, he wiped the corner of his mouth and turned to look at Liam's body again, frowning a little.

"I just miss him..."

Louis and Harry exchanged gazes. "We know, Zee." The Doncaster man spoke up softly.

Zayn looked back down at his food and pushed the table away. He felt full.

"I think it's better you go now." He said, his voice barely even reaching a whisper. He heard footsteps shuffling, the couple walking up to him with the twins so he could tell them goodbye. Zayn kissed their cheeks, holding them closely and promised them that Baba and daddy will be home soon again.

The Bradford man watched them exit the room, everything falling into complete silence except for heart monitors.