t w e n t y - f i v e || looking for a babysitter

Present
Five months later
May 5th, 2019
Sunday morning
8.45 A.M.
Malik-Payne Penthouse
NYC, Manhattan, New York

The girls were getting bigger and bigger with each month. They were already six months and started crawling a few days ago. Basically, Zayn and Liam had been busy with chasing after the twins, especially Evelyn. She was more of a fast crawler than her sister, Isabella, who'd rather sit on the carpet and watch their parents run around the house. One time, the couple accidentally pulled their eyes away from Evelyn to talk and lost her for about twenty minutes. Both of them had panicked, since they couldn't find her anywhere, until Zayn spotted her in the laundry room, playing with one of her stuffed animals. It was a lot of work. But then again, nobody told them parenthood was going to be easy.

They had a lot of sleepless nights behind them. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary since they were used to it, but since they had two babies to take care of it, it was double exhausting, yet it was worth it. Watching the girls grow warmed their hearts and made them happy.

The girls were still asleep in their room. Zayn and Liam were still awake after getting a wake up call from them at four A.M., so it ended up being pointless to go back to sleep. They kept themselves up with strong coffee. The couple were laying on the couch, cuddling each other whilst watching the news together. The coffee table had a large coffee pot sitting on the center with their cups standing beside it, all three being empty.

Liam was running his fingers through Zayn's hair as the older male laid on his chest, his head buried in the crook of his neck. Zayn was playing with Liam's shirt, a soft yawn escaping his lips and he shifted a little.

"We need a babysitter for tomorrow." The brunet reminded his husband as he twirled his finger around one of his dark curls.

Zayn just hummed in response. "Call Niall." Was all he mumbled, eyes focused on the television.

"He's in Ireland." Liam snorted.

"We're not going to find anyone on this short notice. Maybe we shouldn't go. I'm not feeling like going to the Met anyways." Zayn huffed stubbornly, burying his face more into his lover's neck.

Liam chuckled at that, causing his chest to vibrate a little. "Baby, this would be the first fashion event we'd attend together as a couple. On top of that, our suits are ready for tomorrow." He emphasized both words, looking down at him. "We already said yes to the invitation. There's no turning back now."

"Ugh." The Bradford latter whined. "Why did we even say yes? You know I hate big crowds..." His lips formed a pout as he lifted his head from Liam's neck, looking at him with soft hazel orbs.

"You were the one who insisted on going since last time you went was with Gigi." Liam told him, shrugging. "And I actually can't wait to show you off and kiss you in front of the paps and other celebrities." He grinned softly, leaning down to peck Zayn's pouty lips.

"You wanna show me off that badly?"

"Mhmm." Liam hummed against his mouth, Zayn melting into the kiss. He moved himself up a little, cupping the Wolverhampton man's cheek and pushed him further onto the couch. Their lips moved in sync, slow yet passionate.

"I'll go," Zayn murmured against his lips, "but only if we go after the pap walk and a tour around the Museum."

"Anything for you, Jaan." Liam nodded his head in agreement and Zayn grinned against his lips. He was so in love with this man, words couldn't even begin to describe how glad he was to have met him all those years ago.

"You also better give me a treat when we come back home." Zayn mumbled seductively, his teeth teasingly biting at Liam's bottom lip.

"I was planning on giving you a treat anyway." The brunet responded with a smirk, his hands gripping at his husband's bottom. Zayn arched his back a little and mimicked the smirk, deepening their kiss. Yet, before things could get out of hand, the baby monitor informed them that one of the twins were awake, their crying echoing through the living room.