s e v e n t e e n || excitement

Shout out to YabishJPG for helping me with the baby and the gender, the chapter is for you❤️

****

The next day
December 21st, 2018
Friday morning
7.21 A.M.
John F. Kennedy International Airport
Queens, New York

Liam drummed his hands against the steering wheel as he waited in the dropout zone for Yaser. He turned up the music that was blasting from the radio and bobbed his head along to the beat, scanning the area with his eyes. There were a lot of people dropping off or picking up friends and loved ones who were leaving or arriving for the holidays. A lot of greetings were very emotional and some were, well, a little dry, he was guessing.

Zayn had kicked him out of bed so he would arrive at the airport in time to pick up his father. It wasn't very pleasing since he fell onto the floor and hurt his back due to the hard kick. It was still aching. Yet his husband told him that he would make it up later, which is why Liam forgave him for that quickly.

The brunet moved his brown orbs towards the entrance when he noticed a familiar Pakistani man walk out of the airport, looking around confused. He grinned, getting out of the car and immediately heading towards his father-in-law. "Nice seeing you again, pops." He hummed, chuckling when the older man jumped by the latter's approach.

"Liam, my boy," Yaser smiled and dropped his bag before pulling him into a tight embrace, "so good to see you again."

"You too." Liam hugged him, patting his back with a light laugh. "How was the flight?" He asked once they pulled apart, picking up the bag for the man and heading back to the car with him.

"Sore." Yaser chuckled, groaning when he moved his neck.

"I bet." Liam placed the bag into the backseat and the two of them got into the car. He started the engine, driving out of the parking spot and towards the nearest exit to get the both of them back home.

"So, I heard the good news," the older man hummed and glanced at his son-in-law, "do you already know the gender?"

"Nah," Liam shook his head, "we have a meeting at ten-thirty for more information about the baby." He explained, biting his bottom lip. "I just hope it works out this time." He sighed heavily and kept his gaze straight.

"It will." Yaser smiled and patted his shoulder.

Liam just hummed in response. He didn't want to get his hopes up too much. Not like the last time. He focused his eyes on the highway and continued to talk with Yaser as they were on their way back to Manhattan.

3 hours later
10.51 A.M.
Family Trust
Brooklyn, New York

"It's so nice to see you two again." The elderly man smiled at the couple sitting in front of him, his hands folded on the desk. After picking up Yaser and taking him back home, the couple immediately got ready to head to the agency. They were both a nervous wreck since this was their possible chance of being able to adopt a child since they've been wanting this for a long time. Zayn was prepared and so was Liam. They were sitting in the chairs, holding each other's hands tightly.

"Thank you for calling." Liam returned the smile. "We had been waiting for this call ever since the interview and we were quite scared that this one wouldn't work out as well." He admitted honestly, looking at Zayn who nodded his head in agreement.

"Like I told you during the interview, as soon as we got any type of information from the hospitals we are in contact with, I'd call you. Luckily, you two were the first on the list." The man chuckled and opened the file of the baby, pulling out a picture of the newborn child. He handed it over to the couple, humming.

"She was born two days ago in a hospital in Kenya. We gave the mother a day in advance to really think about whether she wanted to give her up. Her answer was clear that she wasn't ready to have a child yet and that she wanted a family to take care of her and raise her. Now, we aren't sure if she wants to contact her in the mere future, but she did leave some personal information behind as well as a letter in case her child wants to contact her. Not many mothers do that, but I suggest you don't hide it from her." He explained and watched as the two men admired the picture of the little girl.

Zayn was awestruck when he saw her, his heart pounding fast in his chest. This was it. It was really happening. Liam and him were going to adopt this little girl. He lifted his head to look at the brunet and noticed his husband had tears in his eyes. He chuckled softly and cupped his chin, making him turn his head so they could look at each other.

Both of them had the same expression on their faces and they just nodded their heads without exchanging words.

The man didn't wait for an answer and immediately grabbed the phone to contact the hospital and inform them that there was a couple who'd take her home with them.

Liam pulled Zayn close and kissed his head, sniffling softly. "And- and you're sure we can take her home with us?" He asked just to be sure, looking at the older man in front of them. He didn't want them to be disappointed again like the last time – especially when it meant a lot to Zayn. He had been really focused on wanting a baby with Liam and this was their chance.

"I am one-hundred percent sure."

"Thank you so much." Zayn wiped his eyes once the tears rolled down his cheeks.

The man gave the couple a nod. "I know very well that she's going to be in good hands." He smiled. "I will be sending someone to pick her up from the hospital and bring her back so you can take her home. As soon as she arrives, we will contact you the details of where and when to pick her up." He told them before all three stood up and walked to the door. Just before they could say their goodbyes, Zayn hugged the man tightly.

"Thank you." He whispered into his ear once more, kissing his cheek as a token of gratefulness. The man couldn't help but smile at the gesture and patted the latter's back.

"It was my pleasure, son." The two pulled apart, Liam also going in for a hug to thank him.

They said their goodbyes and the couple left out of the building. As soon as they were outside, Zayn started to squeal and jump onto Liam, hugging him tightly and kissing his face whilst chanting 'we're going to have a baby'. The brunet laughed at that and let his husband release the excitement, smiling fondly at him.

Things were finally going their way.

Or at least they thought.

****

Hope you guys liked it🤫