t h i r t y - n i n e || when we started the plan

Past
August 14th, 2018
Tuesday morning
8.04 A.M.
Malik-Payne apartment
NYC, Manhattan, New York

"We should come out."

The words slipped out of Liam so randomly as the couple laid on their couch, enjoying a nice free day of doing nothing. Zayn narrowed his brows and lifted his head from the brunet's chest.

"What?" He asked confused.

Liam moved his gaze to meet Zayn's. "We should come out?" He said once again, but it came out more as a question that time.

"Are you mad?" The dark haired latter snorted, shaking his head and rolled his eyes fondly. He playfully pushed him, chuckling at the claim. Yet as he looked back at him, he realized that the Wolverhampton bloke was dead serious. He pursed his lips. "Babe... you do realize we're gonna get into a shit load of trouble, right?" He pointed out, raising a questionable brow.

"I- I know," Liam licked his dry lips, "but we've been keeping up with this shit for way too long... maybe it's time we take things into our own hands, you know? Show them that they can't boss us around like that anymore." He shrugged his shoulders, nervously gnawing at his lip.

Zayn sighed. "As much as I would love to, you know we can't do that." He spoke out softly, grabbing his hand.

Liam exhaled heavily and nodded his head silently, closing his eyes.

The twenty-five year old noticed Liam's demeanor having changed within seconds and started feeling bad. He knew how much it affected the both of them that they had to keep everything a secret. It was frustrating. All these years of beards and lies that were spread around because of their management, it pissed them off. They didn't want this heterosexual image anymore - specifically when people claim they're womanizers when it wasn't even the case. Yet, if they came out before the contract was even finished and they'd officially be free, they would get into a lot of trouble because of it.

Zayn took a minute to think about it. There were pros and cons about the idea, which he had to think about clearly. But Liam was right. The two needed to stand their ground and show those corporate assholes that they couldn't continue bossing them around like that and treating them like some kind of puppets.

"Okay." The older male exclaimed.

The brunet turned his head to look at him. "What?" He questioned, uncertain with what he meant.

"Let's do it." Zayn announced and moved his eyes to meet Liam's soft brown orbs. "You're right. We need to show them that they can't keep bossing us around like that. We're our own people and no matter what they have in mind for us, even after we do this, we can get through it. We've been through hell these past eight years, it's time that we do something." He said with a reassuring smile.

The look on his husband's face caused Zayn's heart to flutter. Liam's eyes lit up and a wide grin was forming on his lips. The happiness was evident on his face. The next thing the Bradford man knew was being pulled on top of him and tackled in a tight embrace, a soft laugh leaving him.

"I love you." Liam mumbled, kissing his lover's face and neck.

Zayn giggled at the ticklish feeling and buried his face into the crook of Liam's neck. "I love you." He whispered softly.

"We need to figure out how we're going to do this. Holy shit, this is going to be great!" The brunet grinned excitingly, getting up with his phone. "I'm gonna call the boys, tell them what we're going to do." He leaned down and pecked Zayn's lips, quickly scurrying out of the bedroom.

The dark haired latter laughed and fell back on the couch, biting his bottom lip with a soft smile on his face. He stared at the ceiling, humming satisfyingly and fluttered his eyes shut. His mind drifted off and the next thing he knew was falling into a deep slumber.

****

Short memory, next chapter is going to be the epilogue but I'll wait it out for a day before closing it☺️