t w e n t y || christmas eve

Two days later
December 24th, 2018
Christmas Eve
Monday morning
8.12 A.M.

MTV : "Liam Payne's sex scandal with Cheryl Cole has spread across the country. Will Liam be able to save his marriage after steaming affair was revealed?"

People : "Fans are outraged after celebrity affair was brought to light. Will the former One Direction member be able to save his relationship with Zayn? Sources claim it will be tough."

TheSun : "Sources claim that there might be a divorce in play between One Direction's power couple, Zayn Malik and Liam Payne, after rumors of Payne's affair were exposed."

Liam scrolled through the headlines, a heavy sigh leaving his lips. It's been two days since the scandal started and he had been constantly receiving hate for it. Perrie was still working on finding out who the person was behind the start of the rumors, keeping the couple updated with any type of information he had. Till then, he wasn't allowed to leave the house, considering paparazzi would be on his ass twenty-four-seven.

He turned his phone off and put it away, looking over at the twins who were peacefully playing with their aunts. Zayn was out for the day with the rest of the lads for Louis's birthday. He was a little disappointed that he couldn't join, but Louis promised him they'd spend the evening together like they used to.

"Liam, sweetie, you really need to stop beating yourself up because of this. You know it's all fake. Why make yourself feel bad over something that isn't true?" Trisha questioned softly as she sat down beside him, handing over a cup of tea. She fixed his hair a little like a would always mother do, feeling bad about the situation her son-in-law was in.

The brunet thanked her with a mumble, staring down at the cup. "I- I know." He sighed and bit his lip. "It's just- it hurts always being seen as some type of sex object when it's not even the case. People make up so many lies to prove an idiotic point that you just feel like- you feel like you're worthless. Part of our fans hate my guts because they think I cheated on Zayn when I'd never do that. Ever." He started venting, the hurt lingering in his voice as he gazed ahead.

His heart shattered as he kept thinking about the situation. "It's like- it's like no one cares about the truth anymore and all they want to believe is what they read in articles rather than what the person has to say about the situation they're in. People don't give them a chance to explain their own side. They just speak all over you and it's a messed up feeling." He sniffled, shaking his head in disappointment.

"I might be quote on quote used to the whole 'Liam is the bad guy' image, but no one really knows that it actually hurts me." A tear rolled down his cheeks. He frustratingly wiped it away, trying his best not to break down. Trisha sat beside him and listened, pulling her son-in-law close against her.

"You and Zayn have been going through a lot. As every couple has – even me and Yaser and just like your mother and father. But you two went through every brick wall that was built in front you like there was nothing going to stand in your way. You both suffered enough and now it's your time to prove that you can still win this fight. It doesn't matter how, but you can do this. Your fans believe in you." The older woman caressed Liam's cheek and gave him a soft smile. "You both just adopted two beautiful baby girls and I know damn well you'll raise them right. Focus on the beautiful, positive things in life and push all negativity out of the way. Liam, you're an amazing son-in-law and you make my baby boy happy. Despite the things you've been through, you both made it out together and that is what's important. Not some stupid lies that the media spreads around."

Liam looked at her and nodded his head. She was right. Zayn and him have been through enough shit and always made it out together. There wasn't a day that went by where they didn't had each other's backs.