t h i r t y - s e v e n || I can explain

Present
Four months later
November 28th, 2019
Thursday evening
7.12 P.M.
Malik-Payne Farm
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

It was snowing. The country side was covered in meters of snow, making it difficult for people to drive along the streets. Luckily, the couple bought everything they needed for Thanksgiving before the weather turned out like this. They just hoped their friends and families could manage to get thete in time for dinner. Four months have passed ever since Liam woke up from his coma and things were going well for them. Zayn was finally happy to have his husband and the twins – especially Isabella – were excited to see their father again. They were growing more and more over the months, having now reached the age of six months. The couple couldn't be more proud.

They decided to sell their penthouse in New York and move to a farm in Pennsylvania. It was a nice and quiet country side and the perfect place to write new music and raise a family. Watson had already gotten used to the place and enjoyed roaming the farm and playing with the other animals they bought with the place. There were also a lot of good schools near by for the kids once they would be old enough.

Zayn had been busy in the kitchen ever since the morning. He woke up extra early to prepare the dinner for his family and made sure to use his mother's famous recipes. He already started baking the pies the other day, since he needed the oven for the turkey, so all that he needed to do was cook everything else while the bird was getting ready.

Liam, on the other hand, was reading a book to the twins and Watson in the living room as Dobby slept on the chair not far from them. The six month old babies were laying on his chest and listening to their father as he read the story word for word. They didn't understand anything he was saying, but still liked hearing his voice. Evelyn kept giggling when Liam would emphasize words or change his voice, making the brunet grin. Isabelle had her head rested on Liam's chest and stared at the silly pictures in the books, admiring the colors as she sucked on her blue pacifier.

"They should be here in about ten minutes." Zayn said after he checked his phone, walking out of the kitchen and towards the lounging area.

Liam tilted his head back and glanced up at his husband. "Did they text?"

"Yeah. Louis said they just got in the car and are heading to the farm." Zayn informed him and moved his gaze from his phone to the three on the couch. He chuckled softly and ran his fingers through Liam's messy curls.

He looked at the time and checked the kitchen. "Could you help finish the table?" He asked Liam after drifting his attention back to him.

"Yeah, sure." The brunet responded and closed the book. He placed it aside carefully, making sure the twins wouldn't fall down before getting up with them in his arms. He trudged to the play crib and placed them down in it to let them play together.

Zayn watched him approach him, raising a brow at the glimpse in Liam's eyes. He giggled when Liam leaned down towards him and stole a quick kiss. He bit down his bottom lip after they parted and dipped his head as the younger man made his way into the kitchen to finish decking the dining table.

Zayn rubbed at his arms and looked at the twins, smiling softly. "Hey Liam?" He spoke up and turned around, staring at him.

"Yeah babe?"

"Let's adopt another baby." The dark haired latter declared.

Liam lifted his head in his direction. "You want- you want another baby?" He questioned, wanting to be certain if he had heard him right.

"Yeah," Zayn bit his lip, "we always wanted three kids."

Liam chuckled at that. "And what about our careers?" He asked, placing the last set of silverware beside the plates.