t w e n t y - t w o || new year's eve party

Present
One week later
December 31st, 2018
Monday night
11.30 P.M.
Malik-Payne Mansion
London, England

After spending Christmas in New York, the families had decided to move their New Year's Eve party to the couple's mansion back in London, where Liam's family could happily join them and finally meet the twins. It was emotional, considering that both Karen and Geoff cried as they got to hold their granddaughters for the first time. Ruth and Nicola were teasing their little brother, telling him how proud they were that he was a father after wanting to be one for so long. It was nice being back in England and spending time with the family.

"Babe, I think Bella wants her tiger." Zayn said as he walked into the kitchen with Isabella in his arms, the baby girl crying loudly. Liam looked up from the snacks that were displayed on the kitchen island before grabbing the stuffed tiger from the counter and walking up to the two.

"Hey princess." The brunet cooed softly and carefully handed the two week old baby her tiger. Isabella instantly slung her tiny arms around the stuffed animal, soft sniffles leaving her as she held onto it. She finally calmed down, sucking on her pacifier whilst keeping her eyes closed.

"Thank you." The older man sighed in relief, pecking his husband's lips. "What would I do without you?" He asked and smiled softly.

"Be a complete mess." Liam teased, snickering when his lover playfully hit his arm. He grinned and placed his hand on his hip, pulling him close. "I love you."

"I love you." Zayn hummed and leaned in, closing the small gap between them to kiss him gently. "To another year of a painful marriage." Now he was the one to tease, giggling softly as Liam pinched his hip a little.

"A painful marriage you can't live without."

"Hmm, that's debatable."

Liam playfully glared at Zayn, the twenty-five year old chortling at the look on his face. "You look like a adorable little puppy." He cooed in a baby voice, squeezing the younger male's cheek.

"Stop." Liam whined, pouting.

"Can you two get any more cringy?"

The couple turned around to face Doniya and Nicola standing by the doorway, both of their noses scrunched up as they watched the married couple. "Put a sock in it, Nicola." Liam responded and rolled his eyes, smooching Zayn's lips once more before grabbing himself a glass of champagne.

"I'd rather blindfold myself with the sock."

"You're so annoying."

"Says you."

Zayn watched the two siblings argue with amusement, rolling his hazel orbs. He headed back to the others. "Mum, where are the headphones for Bella and Lyn?" He asked his mother, looking at her.

"They're on the dining table, honey." She pointed towards the long table in the other side of the room.

"Thank you." Zayn smiled and walked over to the table. He grabbed the first pair and sat down, gently rocking Isabella in his arms whilst fixing the headphones to fit her small head. He didn't want her eardrums to burst once the fireworks go off as soon as midnight came around – which wasn't going to take long.

So far, things were going great for the family. The so called cheating scandal had died down over the past week. Yet they still couldn't figure out who exactly was behind it. Perrie was still working on it but was also very busy with the holidays and the girls. Though, the couple didn't mind. Zayn was just happy that things turned to normal after a few days. Of course, Liam was still receiving a few hate comments every now and then, but some fans came to their senses and realized something was fishy with the entire story.

He smiled once he put the headphones on the sleeping baby, placing a gentle kiss to her forehead. The young man stood back up from the chair and walked over to the beds that they had built for the evening, gently placing her down in hers and tucking her in so she could continue sleeping. Evelyn was the only one of the two who was still wide awake. Liam's parents and his own were taking care of her, the four not getting enough of the twins ever since they met them. It was adorable, really. He knew how much their parents wanted to be grandparents and finally, it happened.

Zayn jumped a little when he felt two arms sneak around his waist and scruffy beard tickling his neck. He shivered at the pair of soft lips kissing his skin, giggling softly. "Hi baby." He leaned himself into Liam's touch, rubbing his tattooed arms gently while watching everyone enjoy the party.

"It's almost time." Liam mumbled.

"I know. I can't wait for two-thousand-nineteen." Zayn beamed, turning his head to look up at him. "Another beautiful year of being with you." He whispered, placing his hand around the back of his neck. Liam couldn't help the smile forming on his lips and started leaning in, pressing their lips together in another loving kiss.

It wasn't long till the count down started. Zayn put the other headphones onto Evelyn's head just before everyone started to loudly count down, adjusting them and kissing her little nose afterwards which caused her to giggle.

The new year was getting closer and Zayn and Liam held onto each other's hands, staring at the tv where the countdown was visibly appearing.

"3..."

"2..."

"1... Happy New Year!" Everyone shouted happily, Louis shooting gold and silver confetti out of the tube they bought along with Niall before hugging each other and jumping around. Harry just rolled his eyes at the two, but chuckled in amusement as he watched them. Zayn and Liam had exchanged yet another loving kiss, saying those three little words that made their hearts skip a beat before going around and hugging everyone.

The fireworks exploded outside around all of London, everyone celebrating the brand new year and making new resolutions for the upcoming months. Zayn and Liam both hoped that this year there would be no drama involving their relationship and they could just live happily with their two daughters.