s i x t e e n || christmas prepping

Present
Five days later
December 20th, 2018
Thursday afternoon
3.45 P.M.
Malik-Payne Penthouse
NYC, Manhattan, New York

"I know baba." Zayn rolled his eyes fondly as his father began to list all the things they needed for the annual family Christmas party, the impatience evident in his voice. For the past hour he has been sitting by the dining table, discussing the party with his father whilst Liam was decorating the tree with his mother and sisters. Yaser kept repeating everything they discussed and it was starting to get on the twenty-five year old's nerves.

"Baba, please. I already know what we have to get. Just make sure you're here on time for Liam to pick you up at the airport, okay? I love you, bye!" He hung up before his father could even respond, sighing in relieve. He rubbed at his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, seeming tense due to the holiday stress. He hasn't even been able to buy all the gifts yet.

Zayn startled when he felt a pair of hands on his shoulders, but relaxed as soon as they started to massage them. A soft moan left his lips and leaned against none other than his husband's broad chest. "Hey baby." He greeted him with a soft hum, his eyes fluttering close in relaxation.

"You need to stop stressing and let us take care of it." Liam told him. He wrapped his arms around his neck and gently kissed his cheek.

"I know, but it's so much work. I don't want to burden it all on you guys." Zayn sighed. "The lads are coming in two days and I still haven't gotten all the presents. Louis's birthday is in four days and I still need to plan the surprise."

"Then how about you two get some Christmas shopping done and we'll take care of the rest? I'll handle your father, sweetheart." Trisha butted into the conversation and smiled at her son. "You two can finally have some alone time too." She hummed, her daughters cooing from the living room while putting a Christmas sweater on Dobby.

"We deserve some alone time." Liam pointed out and kissed his cheek once more before trying to pull him off the chair. Zayn whined and looked at everyone as he rolled his eyes and gave in.

"Fine." He got up and pouted a little, looking at his husband. "But you owe me a milkshake."

"Anything for my baby." Liam grinned and kissed his nose. Zayn smiled at that and followed the brunet upstairs to their bedroom so that they could get ready for the evening.

2 hours later
Thursday evening
6.07 P.M.
Fifth Avenue

Liam hummed along to the song that was playing through the store, following after Zayn as he searched the place up and down for the perfect present for Louis. He gazed around, admiring the bright Christmas decorations. He was carrying all the bags which were filled with the presents for the others, tagging along like a lost puppy since Zayn was organizing everything.

"Okay, so we covered my parents, your parents, my sisters and yours including their boyfriend's, husbands, Niall and Harry. The only person missing is Louis and I cannot fucking find anything." Zayn was frustrated. It was noticeable. "He's my best friend and I can't come up with anything."

"What about that watch he's been gushing about?" Liam asked, picking up his pace when he realized he wasn't following behind.

"Harry already bought it."

Liam tried to think about something new. "What about..." he hummed and scratched at his beard. "Oh! What about a necklace? Like- like your bus one tattoos only with jewelry." He suggested and smiled at him cutely once his husband turned around.

"We're not teenagers anymore, Liam. I think that's a little cliché." Zayn rolled his eyes fondly and kissed his cheek. "But thank you for the help." He smiled and grabbed his hand, linking their fingers.

"You're welcome." The brunet grinned and squeezed his hand gently. "It would be cute though." He added.

Zayn chuckled. "Yes, it would, babe."

Liam's phone suddenly started to violently ring in his pocket, making the couple stop. Zayn curiously watched as the brunet pulled his phone from his pocket to see who was calling him. His eyes drifted to the screen and his breath hitched when he saw the caller I.D..

Family Trust

Zayn's heart stopped beating when he saw the name. After finding the perfect agency, he never expected to receive a call back so soon. It had only been a few days since their interview with the elderly man but it was still a surprise for the both of them to see the name of the agency pop up on Liam's screen.

The married couple shared a glance before the younger lad finally answered. Zayn anxiously chew on his bottom lip and watched him, his hand grippig at Liam's due to how nervous he was.

He observed the way Liam's facial expression changed, suddenly having a bunch of hope by the look in his husband's eyes. "What? What is he saying?" He whispered quietly, trying to get something out. He tugged a little at his arm, but the younger guy motioned for him to wait, letting the man finish on the other end of the line.

"Yes, we'll be on our way tomorrow morning. Thank you so much." Liam said with a big smile before hanging up. He looked down at Zayn.

"We're gonna have a baby." He told him. If his smile weren't already big enough, it would be even bigger.

"We- we are?" Zayn's eyes widened a little and without hesitation he began screaming a loud yes!. He jumped onto his husband and hugged him tightly, causing Liam to drop the bags with the presents. Neither of them really cared at the moment. The brunet slung his arms around his waist and hugged him back.

"We're going to have a baby!" Zayn sniffled and cupped Liam's face, pecking his lips multiple times. "We're gonna be parents." Tears of joy were rolling down his cheeks and Liam cooed softly at that, returning the gesture.

"I love you." He murmured softly against his lips, Zayn pulling away slowly and burying his face into his neck. He inhaled the familiar musk of his partner, smiling to himself.

"I love you." The shorter bloke mumbled against his skin, the couple continuing to hold each other close. They received a few looks from the customers, but the two didn't mind at all. All they were focused on was that they were going to be parents, finally after searching for the right agency for a month.

****

Just a small filler for you guys ☺️