n i n e || when we first kissed

Past
August 29th, 2011
Monday evening
9.23 P.M.
Payne Flat
London, England

To say he was mad would have to be an understatement. He was furious, angry about what he had to hear from none other than Louis. He was hurt – deeply hurt by the situation. And the fact that Liam did nothing against it made him even more mad than he already was. As a best friend, he never expected to feel betrayal like that.

Zayn could hear the music pumping all the way outside from Liam's flat. He looked up at the windows and spotted a shadow of a crowd of people dancing, different colored lights flashing through the rooms. He tucked his hands into his jacket pockets and frowned a little before gazing around. The streets were empty, a cool summer breeze blowing through the dark night.

He exhaled deeply and stared at the front door, biting his lip. With a deep breath, the eighteen year old finally made his way inside, heading up the stairs towards the birthday party. Zayn had actually been at home all night and enjoyed a nice evening watching movies while having some snacks, thinking Liam was going to go out for dinner with Danielle Peazer, his current girlfriend. But when Louis asked him where he was, Zayn had to ask what he meant, his heart dropping into his stomach after being told that Liam was having a party at his place and he wasn't even invited. To say he didn't cry about it would have to be a lie.

God, he couldn't stand her. Her fake demeanor. Always acting nice with a false smile plastered on her lips when in fact she was just a terrible human being. He wouldn't even be surprised if she had something to do with this. She had always despised him, ever since they first met. Zayn couldn't understand why at first, until he realized that she was jealous of him always hanging out with Liam. She could probably tell that he had feelings for the Wolverhampton latter. But who didn't? Liam was an absolute amazing guy. He was always kind to everyone, always so caring. Zayn never had anyone like Liam beside him compared to his old school friends. He was different from everyone else and that's why he admired him so much.

And quite frankly, Zayn saw Liam first.

It was obvious that she was using him, taking advantage of his kindness. All because he was in one of the biggest boyband's of the century. Zayn hated it. He hated her. He just wished Liam wasn't so oblivious and blinded by "love" to actually see her true self.

He reached the second floor, standing in front of the door leading to Liam's flat. His heart was heavily pumping against his ribcage and he could feel himself feel dizzy. It felt like he couldn't breathe. He grew nervous, anxious even, scared to knock on the door and witness whatever was going on behind it.

You can do this, Zayn, the dark haired latter thought to himself. He inhaled one last deep breath, stepping forward and banging his fist against the wood in hopes someone would hear. Yet, due to the loud music and the bass drumming through the flat and hallway, it was hopeless. The latter sighed and grabbed the door handle, opening it. He was surprised when the door actually opened, the brunet usually keeping it locked.

Zayn walked in, meeting a smokey cloud. The smell of alcohol, sweat, weed and vomit mixed all in one lingered in the air, almost making the boy throw up in his mouth. it was revolting, including with the thick air. People couldn't even cut it with a knife to get through it. Looking up, he saw that the entire place was crowded with people he was never familiar with. The amount of guests dancing and grinding in the flat made him even more nervous.

Fuck, why did I do this? He mentally asked himself, cursing quietly under his breath. The young teen swallowed the thick lump in his throat and tried to squeeze himself through the crowd, ignoring the pounding of his heart going on in his chest.