Chapter 4: home with Merida

*unedited*

Hiccup

"Hiccup?" My mum walked into my room. It had been five days since Astrids funeral. Five days since I lost her. Five days without her. I spent most of my days at the cove or at home sulking. Life would never be the same without her.

"thinking about Astrid again, huh?" my mother said sitting next to me on my bed. I nod my head slowly trying not to let on my emotions. "Hiccup... Astrid wouldn't want you to be like this, she would want you to be out there, with your friends, riding Toothless... having fun..."

"Without her..." she sighs.

"son, people will die everday, but with it somewhere out there comes a new life... Astrids life was short-lived yes, but at least she had you whilst it lasted. I think about your father everyday, there is not one moment when he is forgotten, because he is always in here..." she says putting her hand on my chest. "and now she is in here, never forgotten, she will always be with you son. She wouldn't want you to be like this. She would want you to go out, marry Merida, doing some dragon racing... be chief." at that she paused and sighed and patted my back. "I'll be downstairs when you're ready..." she told me.

I spent so much time at home or at the cove that I had forgotten about everything else. That I am in fact chief. Still engaged to Merida, with the wedding taking place in two days and Toothless. Maybe she was right. I had to let go.

"c'mon bud, let's go dragon racing!" I tell him, he lightens up as he hasn't had a proper flight in ages.

As I walk outside I am stopped by Merida.

"hi, Hiccup, came to see how you  were doing... sorry" she says. I lift her chin up.

"there's nothing to be sorry about!" she smiles at me. "wanna come?" I say hopping on Toothless and putting my hand out for her.

"how could I reject a request from you!" she says teasingly.

"hold on tight!" I tell her as we take off. She let's out a little yelp, holding me tightly around the waist. Astrid used to do that. I shake my head. I'm sorry Astrid I think to myself.

"ya alrigh'?" she asks concernedly.

"er, y-yeah, never been better..." I tell her. She gives me a small kissing me on the cheek. But they're not like Astrids kisses. I don't feel anything when I'm around her. She leans her head on my shoulder as her hair tickles my neck.

I wish Astrid was still here...

HEY GUYS! THOUGHT I'D DO A QUICK HICCUP POV AS A CATCH UP. SO JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP ASTRID WAS AT SEA FOR LIKE THREE DAYS AND HAS NOW BEEN AT THE WITCHS HUT FOR 2 DAYS, 1 DAY IN THE COMMA THOUGH SO YEAH... WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN THOUGH? WILL ASTRID RETURN? OR WILL SHE BE TOO LATE?
PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!