Chapter 39: Please be okay...

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK KennedyroseForde FOR THIS IDEA! GO READ HER STORIES AND FOLLOW HER!

*unedited*

Hiccup

I manage to squint my eyes open, am I in Valhalla? I look forward to see the most beautiful angel in front of me, holding Dagurs axe back, stopping him from getting any further. I know I should be thankful but...

"Astrid, w-what are you doing here?" I litterally yell at her.

"does that matter right now?! Are you just going to stand there or help me?!?!?!" I kick Dagur back with ease, he stumbles backwards falling onto a crate of ale. I shift my gaze back to Astrid. I can't believe she escaped, no matter how much I try to protect her, it never works because 'this' happens.

"you're meant to be chained to the bed!" I exclaim, throwing my arms about in exasperation.

"it'll take a little more than that to keep me in one place!" I frown, "oh and when we get back, you're..." she moves her forefinger across her neck, making a slicing noise. I gulp. Although, I never in a million years think she'll do that to me... I think. She still gave me the chills.

"how... dare... you!" Dagur says getting up, clutching his axe tightly.

"do you mind! We're trying to have a conversation!" I yell at him. He backs away slowly. "I need you to go back home now!"

"no!"

"Astrid-"

"you need me, if I hadn't escaped Gothi's hut, you would be dead right now!" she shouts back. I nod my head back and forth, taking her words in. That is kinda true, but I had the situation completely under control.

"but I don't need you! I can do everything perfectly on my own!" I try to find a way to get her to leave, to be safe, but it comes out wrong and misunderstood.

"fine!" she shouts.

"fine!" I put my hands on my hips.

"then see how well you do without me!" she says, whistling for Stormfly and flying off. I didn't mean it to sound like that.

"Astrid-" I begin, but she's gone before I can get the words out.

"awkward..." Dagur says, chuckling. I punch him in the face for his crude remark, knocking him unconscious. I rub my forehead frustratedly. Why has she got to be so stubborn?

Astrid

I fly back, tears in my eyes. Why's he got to be so stubborn? He would have died if I hadn't been there to save him! he needs me, why can't he just see that? I wipe away my tears. I'm not going to cry over him, I can't just take that.

I know that he didn't mean it, but it still hurt. I can protect myself and he just won't stand for it. I had never been loved, nurtured or protected before, so how would I have a proper understanding of what it is?

I had looked after myself for so long, trained myself to be a fierce warrior to let nothing stand in my way. To make fear my enemy and love and kindness my nemesis'. But look at me now. I sigh, patting Stormfly's rough and scaly side.

"why can't he just see what I'm trying to do?" I say, Stormfly gives me a squawk in response. "I know girl, we should head back, I don't care how senseless he is, or how hard he tries to get me away, he needs me..." I say, as we turn around rather briskly back towards Hiccup. Just then I feel something wet and slimy slither down my legs wetting my leggings.

"what is this?" I ask myself, Stormfly seems to know as she gives me a worried squawk, landing me safely on the ground, just before the docks.

I then clutch my stomach as a searing pain, feels like it's tearing me apart from within.

"argh!" I scream, wriggling about uncomfortably. Could it be? no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, this can't be happening! Not now! "argh!" I scream again, as the volume of the pain begins to increase rapidly.

Stormfly keeps nudging my side, urging me to get up, a worry stricken expression planted on her face.

"no, no, I-I'm fine girl..." I try to reassure her thinking the pains gone, but it just worsens. "ahhhhh!" I scream out, into the now blackish sky, the mystical moon being hidden by the clouds. 

"Astrid!" I hear someone shout, I look around to find myself surrounding by an entire crowd of people, but one person catches my eye, pushing himself through the layers of bulky, hairy vikings, making his way towards me, as I lay sheepishly on the cold ground. I hold my knees up to ny chest, hoping to ease the endless torture. (a/n basically the fetus position)

"H-hiccup..." I gasp out, gritting my teeth, trying to bear with the it. "the baby..." I try rocking myself back and forth, back and forth, in hope that it would soon stop.

"no, no, no, what do I do, please you got to tell me Astrid!" he begs, "this is all my fault! It's too early" I put my hand on his cheek, stroking it gently, trying to call him down as well as me. I feel my arm quiver as I try to reach his hand, but bring it back towards my chest, trying to keep myself insulated.

I feel Hiccup cloak a blanket out of his satchel all over my freezing, cold body as I try to shiver the cold out of me.

"ahhhh!" I yell yet again, as the pain comes back yet again, I dig my right hand into the ground, digging up the dirt with my nails, and holding Hiccups hand tightly with the other. I breathe in and out rapidly.

"that's it just breathe Astrid..." Hiccup instructs me. I do as I'm told, and finally relax as it finally passes.

"ow, ow, ow," Hiccup says trying to release my grip from blocking off his blood supply to his hand.

"s-sorry..." I apologise.

"it's okay," he smiles at me, placing a kiss upon my forehead.

"what happened- oh" I look up from the warm blanket covering me to see my mother-in-law Valka, making her way through the now huge crowd of Vikings, some even Beserkers, it's like they've never seen or been through anything like this before!

"mum help, please!" Hiccup looks up from me to her. He rubs my shoulders trying to warm me up, as I reach for his hand again as the pain begins to return once again. (a/n I know that it normally won't happen this quick but I just wanted to add a little bit more, make it more effective!)

"Hiccup, make it stop!" I beg, he looks at me, a worried expression clear on his face.

"she's in labour, we need to get to her to Gothi's right away!" Valka instructs. I feel Hiccup lift me off of the cold hard ground, his warmth from his body engulfing me. I snuggle close, breathing in and out in a range of hitched and shallow breaths, trying to ease the pain from within.  "Disperse!" Valka shouts at all of the villagers and some other people, who were all watching the scene unfold.

"just hang in there Astrid..." Hiccup says,  gripping me tightly, as I lie safely in his strong hold. I lean against his warm chest, listening to his heart beat soothingly, in an irregular rhythm.

Please be okay baby, please be okay...

HEY GUYS! OMG, HUGE SHOCKER! WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT NOW WERE YOU? THANKS AGAIN TO KennedyroseForde FOR THE AMAZING IDEA! BESTIES! HEHE, I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!
WAS IT GOOD?
BAD?
PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!