Chapter 35: sorry Astrid...

*unedited*

Hiccup

I locked the door behind me, "I'm sorry Astrid..." I whisper to myself.

"you did the right thing," I look to see my mum leaning on the wall of Gothi's hut, she walks over, Cloudjumper following close behind, she puts her arm comfortingly around my shoulder.

"maybe, but she's going to kill me later," my mother smiles at me.

"she'll get over it," she reassures me, well she really doesn't know Astrid like I do. I sigh, rubbing my temple.

Just then we hear the sound of "I'M SO GOING TO GET YOU HICCUP HORRENDOUS HADDOCK III!" my mother gives me a worried look,

"you're so dead," I frown.

"thank you for summing that up!" I say.

"your welcome," she nudges me, I shake my head, cupping my mouth with my hands,

"Stormfly!" I call for Astrids Nadder, she went off playing with Toothless. Soon enough, I see a black and blue figure come running towards us, "hey girl," I say patting Stormfly's side as she was the first to reach me. "can you look after Astrid for me?" I point towards Gothi's hut. I know Gothi's there, but she'll need more than just her to protect her. She squawks and nods in understanding as she lies herself down by the hut.

Toothless then nudges me, wanting me to acknowledge his presence too.

"hey there bud," I say patting his head, he licks my face, "ew, ew, what? Toothless!" he gives me his signature gummy smile, I just shake my head jokingly at him. "you ready?" he nods at me, signaling for me to get on.

I mount Toothless' back slotting my pegged leg into the pedal and straightening out his tail.

"be careful, out there son," my mum says gripping my hand tightly, "I can't loose you too," she says, a worried expression clear on her face.

"we're vikings it's an occupational hazard," I say grinning at her.

"you're father would be so proud," she says stroking my cheek as I nudge it now. "now go," she pats Toothless back, tears threatening to escape. I nod at her as me and Toothless, zoom up and up into the misty air.

I look back at my mum, who's smiling up at me, a small tear running down her pale cheeks. I smile back at her, turning back to face the doom ahead of me. I see a net come flying towards us,

"Toothless!" I shout as he thankfully burns it to cinders, "good job bud," I say patting his side in praise, "now let's show 'em what you got!" I say as we race down, shooting a dozen dragon traps. "yes bud, that's it!" I say, as we zoom back up doing a flip, getting ready for another run.

I look back to see the others fighting tons of charging Beserkers off. Ruff and Tuff having the time of their lives blowing stuff up. Snotlout was lighting the entire place on fire, disarming traps and destroying ships.

I then look over to Fishlegs, I race down burning the net entrapping him into ash.

"thanks Hiccup!" he shouts after me, I nod at him in approval firing at another dozen ships and traps.

"so long brother!" I hear someone shout, and before I have time to register anything, I'm flailing towards the ground thinking 'at least Astrids safe, at least Astrids alive, at least OUR babies going to live...' before everything went black.

HEY GUYS! HERE'S ANOTHER ONE! I DIDN'T REALLY WANT TO LET YOU WAIT FOR TOO LONG SO HERE IT IS!
I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SHOUT OUT TO TWO AWESOME PEOPLE! WHO HAVE BOTH JUST STARTED A FANFICTION! AND I WOULD RECOMEND READING BOTH OF THEM!
THERE'S ONE CALLED Questions, by MoreHiccStridFanfics! IT'S REALLY GOOD! GO FOLLOW HER!
AND ANOTHER ONE BY, KennedyRoseForde, CALLED Will Our Love Pull Through(Hiccstrid Fanfic) SHE IS AWESOME SO GO FOLLOW HER AND READ BOTH OF THEIR BOOKS! BOTH AWESOME TO CHAT TO, TOO!
ANYWAYS WAS IT GOOD?
BAD?
PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!